Identify this for me:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
Took off dash bezel on my 98 tahoe LS, and found these wires. What are they for?

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 3

bennettmayo

Reaction score
I have the barn doors, so looks like they'll just stay where they are. Are there any easily attachable goodies that could hook up to these?

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well IDK what those are for because if u have barn doors....wait now that i think of it my truck which also has barn doors has the same wire's there so im guessing maybe u could hook up some foglights there like a tahoe z71!!!

Bigbill

Reaction score
The wires are for the rear wiper and rear defogger which barn doors do not have the wiring harness is the same. Just not used on barn doors

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i think i saw three unused wires when i took of my bezel so it would be somthin like this tahoe which has all the goodies, lift gate, rear wiper, and the factory fogs so im thinkin if i get the switch and the fog lights themselves and see where the wires run up to i can have OEM Foglights!!!

14.jpg

Bigbill

Reaction score
I have the lt with all the leather and all option I do not have a fog light switch nor the wires in the dash good luck and let me know how it turns out.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
The two bottom pictures show the three wires. The 2nd pic has two connectors, and the third pic has the third. I am definitely going to look into getting the factory fog lights. Seems like it should be a pretty straight forward install. I'll keep everyone posted. Any tips on a good place to look for the OEM lights?

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two bottom pictures show the three wires. The 2nd pic has two connectors, and the third pic has the third. I am definitely going to look into getting the factory fog lights. Seems like it should be a pretty straight forward install. I'll keep everyone posted. Any tips on a good place to look for the OEM lights?
Search on google tahoe limited there on the bumper and if you install the lights i would suggest buying the bumper off LMC truck cuz since it's for a limited/z71 it will be hard to find in a junk yard Goodluck anyway!!!

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the lt with all the leather and all option I do not have a fog light switch nor the wires in the dash good luck and let me know how it turns out.
Didn't say you would but u have t have the barn door's and it has to be a 98-99 but not all of them have the foglight wire so if u do then ur lucky and it will take u less work to install oem foglights.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
are there fog lights that would hook up to the wiring harness that I have now that would be more powerful/useful than the OEM lights? and maybe easier to attach to a stock bumper then having to buy a whole bumper from a Z71 etc. I do want to the get the OEM switch to match the interior. Any ideas on where to get that?

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there fog lights that would hook up to the wiring harness that I have now that would be more powerful/useful than the OEM lights? and maybe easier to attach to a stock bumper then having to buy a whole bumper from a Z71 etc. I do want to the get the OEM switch to match the interior. Any ideas on where to get that?

1.Craigslist
2. (if not craigslist) Then E-Bay

:smokin::smokin:

bennettmayo

Reaction score
I am having a hard time find the OEM fog light switch, but I was able to pick up the cargo light switch at a junk yard here for a couple bucks. Is it possible to use it for fog lights? It has four pins versus five in the fog light switch. Any slight mods I could to it to make it work?
Also, where would I look for the other end of the harness where I would attach the lights. I think I am going to buy these lights for it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029X3QW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time find the OEM fog light switch, but I was able to pick up the cargo light switch at a junk yard here for a couple bucks. Is it possible to use it for fog lights? It has four pins versus five in the fog light switch. Any slight mods I could to it to make it work?
Also, where would I look for the other end of the harness where I would attach the lights. I think I am going to buy these lights for it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029X3QW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Yeah same here i cant find any switches so i would say going to the yard and look in a 98-00 yukon denali or a 99-00 caddy escalade or a 99-00 tahoe limited/z71!!!!!!

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the wires im thinkin they should be under the bumper or somewhere around there cuz in my tahoe i looked behind the rear bumper and i saw a wiring harness for the towing package which i dont have but i can get and hook up sorta like plug and play should be the same for foglights ill be checking under my bumper as well.