I'm a Tahoe owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JR Newman

Reaction score
What's going on, guys? Glad to be here. Just got my first Tahoe. Its a 2001 base with the 5.3. Body's in great shape, engine runs great even with 276k. Shifts buttery smooth. I'm excited to start learning about and working on it. Plans are subject to change, but right now I plan to level it, get rid of the 18s for 16s and an shooting for 33s. Right now, it sits on 255/65/18. i need a locker (I have a G80 in my trailblazer, could I swap it?). Going to use POR15 on the underside and then coat it. Doesn't need to be crazy cause it's my daily with some overland and light rock crawling mixed in. Engine wise, exhaust, intake and a tune. Maybe more down the line.

JR Newman

Reaction score
Look at that, first post and I'm already helping lol I was on Trailvoy Forum when I had my TB, and the guys in the forum were amazing. Very helpful. I'm hoping this one is as well. It seems the only way to find good, reliable info is in the forums these days. Way better and more knowledgeable than most Facebook groups as well.

Shaggy

Admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Look at that, first post and I'm already helping lol I was on Trailvoy Forum when I had my TB, and the guys in the forum were amazing. Very helpful. I'm hoping this one is as well. It seems the only way to find good, reliable info is in the forums these days. Way better and more knowledgeable than most Facebook groups as well.

Welcome to the forum. TF is really slow nowadays but I also own/run a much bigger/active tahoe forum - www.tahoeyukonforum.com. If you want to sign up there, you will see alot more activity there then here.