Installed the AEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on how many whores, I'll check pricing on what we give to the dealers at work tomorrow and see if it's feasible.

i emailed your boy justin about a tune, i appreciate all the explaining you did to me. hopefully i can get the wife to allow me to purchase one of his highly touted tunes! THANKS!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can probably sell them for $230 or so, we have a better buy in with aem this year so they're cheaper now.

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
anyone else who has one of these installed find a way to not have the intake tube rest on that radiator hose? I have the AEM and I couldn't get it to sit above the hose. So I think it kind of defeats the purpose to have the air inside heated up by the radiator hose.

Any thoughts?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any air that goes into your engine will be fairly warm, the heat of the tube doesn't do much for the exothermic increase of interior temperature due to the high velocity across the surface and the amount of heat produced by the intake manifold not to mention combustion chamber. Obviously a cooler, denser charge will create more power but there isn't much change when the system is running through that much air.

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
Any air that goes into your engine will be fairly warm, the heat of the tube doesn't do much for the exothermic increase of interior temperature due to the high velocity across the surface and the amount of heat produced by the intake manifold not to mention combustion chamber. Obviously a cooler, denser charge will create more power but there isn't much change when the system is running through that much air.

yeah, i guess that's true. Initially thinking, I just thought that the increase in temp would be pretty significant, but the more i think about what you wrote, the more i think that it's not that much of an increase to the overall temp.

well, that all makes me feel better. :sla:

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
putting mine on tomorrow. boost thanks for talking me into this kit!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem dude, stoked you got a good deal it should install in an hour or less.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem dude, stoked you got a good deal it should install in an hour or less.

the instructions say 1.5 hours but my two boys are coming over and they are good with this kind of stuff. i got the greyish powder coated one that you wanted. lol.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be easy, I'm holding out for the new black chrome tube but I'm not sure when they will be out. Takes me 1/2 hour to install one now but they make it really easy for you, pm me if you have any hangups.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be easy, I'm holding out for the new black chrome tube but I'm not sure when they will be out. Takes me 1/2 hour to install one now but they make it really easy for you, pm me if you have any hangups.

i will keep that in mind about the PM if there are any issues. i shouldnt need any help because my two boys are pretty savvy with this stuff. with me, im not too worried about the look under the hood, i just wanted to get it put on there so i can get better MPG. oh and justin emailed me back about the Tune. he said he doesnt think CAI gives much MPG gain at all. whats up with that?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake will not give as much mpg as most people think, the major gain will come from a tune and you should get a little out of an exhaust but these trucks are fairly efficient from the factory.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake will not give as much mpg as most people think, the major gain will come from a tune and you should get a little out of an exhaust but these trucks are fairly efficient from the factory.

well i have noticed a good amount of MPG gain from my exhaust. i have estimated about 3 MPG in the city. i know that sounds like alot but i have calculated it on three tanks of gas.