instrument cluster dead help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

william1

Reaction score
Okay the truck is in the shop and after a couple hrs they decided it was a bad cluster. So I am going to replace the cluster myself instead of paying them 380$.... I had a question about swapping cluster though. I heard that you could use different makes of trucks clusters like yukon escalade ect. I would like to have a sleeker looking IP if it was possible.

Treehan77

Reaction score
Well if you actually Swap it you'll still have to get it reprogrammed for your mileage etc anyway. I'd just send it out, it'll be much cheaper. I got mine mailed, fixed and mailed back and reinstalled all in a week. Several places will do this, all in all cost me less than 140 bucks total with shipping, which is almost half the price. Use post office not UPS! I believe the tahoe and Yukon cluster is identical anyway. Escalade or Denali may be more upscale. But all gauges going out at the same time is not typical of the stepper motors dying etc. more likely its wiring.

MaiChevy04

Reaction score
Iv got a 2004 Tahoe currently 101k miles my instrument cluster intermittent goes off and on just these pass two days. Will it be better to rebuild? Or is there other options?

Amatthews31887

Reaction score
So I'm looking at an 03 and the gear select is out. What company rebuilds these and what's the process to removing and reinstalling? Thanks all.

2004ChrisTahoe

Reaction score
Programming device available for Instrument Cluster ??

@treehan thats only on 03 and up, 00-02 are plug and play and dont need to be programmed, they pick up the mileage from the pcm

I am replacing my instrument cluster in my 2003 Tahoe, and I think this is the first year they need to be programmed (information transferred).

Is there a programming device available for this Instrument Cluster programming available for purchase ??

Make ? Model ? Were you successful using it ?