Interior-Superbright LED's Vs. Putco LED's. Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the 44mm 9 LED's from superbrightleds.com like many people have on this form. I got the cool white ones and they cost me about $100. After having them fore a month, the lights started flickering all the time and jst not turning on. I ordered myself a set of the Putco LED's, and I have to say they are amazing. They are worth the extra $$ and make your care usable. The 44mm LED's just shine directly down, but the Putco's light up the entire car.
Some Pics...
IMG_0034.jpg

Superbright- 1 bulb
IMG_0036.jpg

Putco- 1 blb
IMG_0038.jpg

Putco left/ superbright right
IMG_0039.jpg

Ptco left, superbright right
IMG_0042.jpg

Outside view. Stock Tint
IMG_0043.jpg

No Lights
IMG_0060.jpg

All Ptco Lights
IMG_0061.jpg

How dark it was/ View of construction on The Palm Jumeirah Dubai
IMG_0046.jpg

PICS TAKEN FROM iPHONE

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy with my regular LED Festoon bulbs. Not planning on spending $250 on Putco LEDs, at least not right now.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you guys get these LEDs, how much, and are they plug-n-play (or do you need to add resistors)?

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my superbright LEDs started flickering too...................kinda like a disco ball :D

Grounded

Reaction score
putco's are plugin and grab shades......I too have made the switch from superunbright LEDS. Putco gave me some for trial before the release and I have had not one issue with them.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you guys get these LEDs, how much, and are they plug-n-play (or do you need to add resistors)?
They are Plug and Play like Grounded said and require no resistors. They even fir better in the housing compared to the Superbright LED's which are to big or to small. I ordered my set from putcosales.com which is a branch of AutoTruck Boys. There is a list of online retailers on Putco's website. I would recommend them to everyone.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my superbright LEDs started flickering too...................kinda like a disco ball :D
Dude my LED's were going crazy. Not just 1 or 2, but all of them. They would flicker non stop. When I would go somewhere at night, people would say, "Where did you get that" or "Isn't that annoying" or "Your cars broken".
Im in a habit of remote starting my car the second it is in range, and usually people will be walking by and jump up when the light starts going crazy in my truck.
Finally got the Putco's and it made a big difference.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putco LED experience (long term)?

Is this flickering issue with the superbright LEDs something that takes a while to occur, or what (a month or less?!?) Also, anyone here with some longer-term stories about the Putco ones? I'd consider the Putco kit if I knew I wouldn't have issues with them later on (like when their warranty runs out or whatever)...

Thanks!

Last edited:

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like bmx said, it took a couple of weeks for the superbright LED's and then one by one they all turned into disco balls. The ones in the vanity shades and outside LED's had no problems, just the 44mm. I have had the putco ones installed for 2 weeks now, and so far no problem. They fit perfectly in the housing, and the quality of the board itself looks good.
Grounded ^^^ said he received a set from Putco before the release, and has not had any problems with them yet.

Grounded

Reaction score
Getwired, i got them around the end of last year or right at the beginning of this year, i can't remember exactly. To this date no problems, no flickering during operation, no dead leds. The only wierd thing they do is if the lights time out (leave a door open) and you turn that light on via the button it will flicker. My 2year old helped me find this out.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys! Sounds like I need to save my milk money for a while and spring for some super-pricey-leds... ;)