IPOD Video and Nav Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone even know what you were doing unless you tell them. Your insurance company would never know and even if they did know there is no way they could tell that it was even on at the time.

You might be surprised just how diligent insurance investigators can be when faced with large settlements such as accidents involving death, dismemberment, etc or say an 18 wheeler that loses $1 million worth of cargo. IMO it's a lot cheaper to give your front seat passenger a portable DVD player. (you're not watching it, right? :nono: )

tomm

Reaction score
You might be surprised just how diligent insurance investigators can be when faced with large settlements such as accidents involving death, dismemberment, etc or say an 18 wheeler that loses $1 million worth of cargo. IMO it's a lot cheaper to give your front seat passenger a portable DVD player. (you're not watching it, right? :nono: )

There would be no way to even proove that you were using it. Turn the key hit DVD and the picture disappears... Hit the mute button 4 times on the steering wheel within 6 seconds and the picture comes back.

No way in hell that anyone can prove you even had it on... This is not an issue.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious..

as to why it is so important to have the DVD playing on their front screen? You can't watch it if you are driving and listening to a movie while the front seat passenger watches is annoying....be honest, it's just so you can be 'cool', right?

tomm

Reaction score
as to why it is so important to have the DVD playing on their front screen? You can't watch it if you are driving and listening to a movie while the front seat passenger watches is annoying....be honest, it's just so you can be 'cool', right?

Oh yeah thats why... What an ******* comment. I am beyone doing things because they are cool.. Maybe you are new to GPS but I have them in my Cadillac CTS & My Navigator and try to operate it while driving and you will find many features are locked and you cant make searches etc. Its a pain in the ass and this device unlocks it while in motion so that was the reason I purchased it.

This thread is here because you asked about getting video for your ipod and I gave you a solution. Maybe you want video to be cool but enough helping you.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about 'unlocking the GPS'....

Oh yeah thats why... What an ******* comment. I am beyone doing things because they are cool.. Maybe you are new to GPS but I have them in my Cadillac CTS & My Navigator and try to operate it while driving and you will find many features are locked and you cant make searches etc. Its a pain in the ass and this device unlocks it while in motion so that was the reason I purchased it.

This thread is here because you asked about getting video for your ipod and I gave you a solution. Maybe you want video to be cool but enough helping you.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply 'you' exactly...forgot about being able to unlock GPS, but you know as well as I do that a lot of guys will unlock the GPS so they can play DVD's on the front screen so they 'look cool'...I am also too old (and perhaps wise) to do things just to 'look cool'.....