Is Sickens Paint Good Quality?/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys wondering what you think of sickens paint? got some pretty good feedback so far on it and since Im repainting want to know what you think of it?? lets say compared to dupont...

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 views with no posts? what you dudes never heard of sikkens or something? come on post and help me out here

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sikkens is what 90% of the body shops around here use. It lays pretty smooth and tints pretty well to match factory paint and faded paint. If you are repainting the whole vehicle I would look at some ppg. I find it to be a little mre difficult to lay well but the colors seem to "pop" more and have a lot more depth.

mcelroy247

Reaction score
DUPONT

i will only say this once lol there is no replacement for the best DUPONT

nytahoe08

Reaction score
ppg is very good paint and coast is more. my 85 monte dads 80 vette dads friends cars that he built 59 vette and corba kit car have all been painted with sikkens. for any every day car and street show car the paint is fine.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
already repainting : / yikes... sikens paint is pretty good stuff. like about they use that in alot of body shops.. they also use Sherwin Williams stuff, dont recommend that.. What kind of paint did u use before? since it must not of held up great?
I used Dupont and always will use Dupont. 3 coats paint and 3 to 4 coats clear depending what part of the car it is... DUPONT!

Five

Reaction score
IMO the paint really doesn't matter as long as you have good prep work and quality body work done. I've seen all three PPG, Sikkens, Dupont go on show quality cars but have only used PPG and Dupont for any of my stuff.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the prep work is the most important. I used dupont sasquatch the first time. But.....A. I got enough cash to paint it 40,000 times if I want. and ....B...wasnt happy with the first job. it held up fine but some things about it pissed me off. now then, dupont is good but from what Ive heard from people that actually no paint, dupont is ok but sikkens is a little higher end product. that being said im gonna shoot it again folks

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o yeah.....like the atomice orange but ive seen that on at least 4 trucks round here. seems like here in the chicagoland area everyone is going atomic orange. another reason im changing my colors. hate being like everyone else