Is this a good buy ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdnewbie

Reaction score
Looking at an 04 Z71 with 129k miles. Fully loaded with DVD.
Asking $9500.

The bad: Check engine light is on.

Should I buy or pass because of the light?

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this from a dealer or private seller? if its a private seller ask them to get the code check and see how serious the code is? 129k is pretty high mileage to me for an 04. do they have all the servicing records and how well was it kept up?

bigsexy408

Reaction score
keep looking when i was looking @ hoe's before i got mine i found a 04 lt with 105k miles that was clean and ran good for 7500 . i ended up purchasing mine with 90k miles for 9200. keep looking you dont want a high mileage car

bigZ71

Reaction score
yeah i think that 9500 for a 04 is a little pricy>>> i just bought a 2005 z71 loaded with 52k miles from a dealer for 13200..... there are good deals everywhere you just have to shop

Mdnewbie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Seller is a private owner who has agreed to have service code checked to determine origin.

Have been looking for an affordable Tahoe for over a month now because in this area Tahoes are big sellers. This is the first and only 04 I've found under 10k.
The rest are well out of my price range unless I get an 02. I do prefer the 04 Z71.

Mdnewbie

Reaction score
I'm in the Washington, DC area and I need to stay iunder 10k.
I did find a similar Z71 in New York that had 120k miles which the dealer listed for

bigZ71

Reaction score
well theses days it a buyers market..... car sales are not as good as they used to be.. i just looked at a 09 avalanche a ltz which list fully loaded for 54k...... this was two weeks ago in those two week the salesmen dropped the price by 11k so far.. used cars is where these dealerships make there money.. new cars they really dont make a huge profit on.... only if the new car is on the lot lees than 30days... search on the internet for a hoe in your area go to the dealership and see what kind of pricing they can do on it.. and if it to high tell them that you dont think that the vehicle is worth that amount.. and if they ask you what you think its worth low ball the **** out of them>>> maybe 3 out of 10 times they will take the offer deoending how they want to work the numbers or if they want to sell cars.... remember they are on comission

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats alot of miles but I think you can get it down to around $8750!

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep looking - don't get impatient - you'll be glad you did! I just picked up a hoe...like someone above said - it's a buyer's market! I looked for 2 months before I found mine. I picked up a creampuff 2001 with 101k for 7900~.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
I just picked up an 03 tahoe with a 5.3, towing package, etc. with only 22,000 original miles for under 15k after TTL...

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCAM

dont know how far you want to go but this one is in
AND another
http://delaware.craigslist.org/ctd/1037173143.html

I'm going to call SCAM on this one - don't be fooled. It sounds like a variation of the Nigerian car scam.

EMAIL said:
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:01 AM
To: BLAH,BLAH
Subject: Re: Tahoe - Interested!

Hi,
My 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SHARP Z71 is in good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems with engine, runs very well. It has automatic trans, 89,433 miles, clear title, a perfect car and the price is only $5,500 firm(shipping included).
To speed up the process I'm telling you in advance that for payment we should use eBay's security for such transactions. The transaction will be fully under eBay's surveillance, giving us both security and insurance that nothing will go wrong.

If you are interested and you have the funds available, I just need your full name and address so I can start the transaction with you.

--- On Tue, 2/17/09, <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Victoria,

I'm interested in your 2004 Tahoe. Do you still have it?

NJ04HOE

Reaction score
I say keep looking, it took me almost 3 months to find "the one", and I mean looking everyday and going to dealers every weekend. It may be a good buy once you find out what the code is and if the seller has service records so you can tell how well they took care of it. Also, if all of that is good I would get it if they dropped it down to around $8500-$8700. Like someone said in an earlier post it's a buyers market so use it to your advantage.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey stay away from that Craiglist post like Rkellyj said, that is def. a scam, you can just tell!