iss replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so after searching the forum a little bit im pretty sure this is the noise my truck is making. so i looked up the service bulletin on this and it only said up to the 2002 model tahoe. mine is an 05 so if i take it to the dealer and mention this am i going to have problems getting them to fix it or should i just do it myself?

and if i fix it myself all im going to need parts wise is'

J 42640 steering column locking pin
and im not sure which part number for the iss though is it 19153614

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ISS replacement if for the GMT800 series body style. All the way up to the '07 classic style pickup.

If you have under 100,000 miles, the dealer should replace it under warranty, due to it being a "known cause". Just ask your dealer for help, since it's a known problem.

That is the correct part number also.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i just got off the phone with my local stealership, and they said that service bulletin would only be covered if the vehicle was still in the 3yr, 36000 mile criteria. so i asked them to qoute me for parts and labor and total is going to be about 400.

guess ill be replacing this on my own. thanks for the help ts.

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I guess your local dealer is not as "friendly" as mine. We were told by the GM district rep to replace them until 100k miles since it is a known issue that they have never been able to correct.

I would try contacting another dealer if I were you.

tac53lpd

Reaction score
What noise is it making? You can feal a weird bump in the steering when turing my 05 Yukon. Feals like it's in the steering shaft. I feal the same thing in the 05 Tahoe SSV I drive at work.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What noise is it making? You can feal a weird bump in the steering when turing my 05 Yukon. Feals like it's in the steering shaft. I feal the same thing in the 05 Tahoe SSV I drive at work.

most likely its the same thing. usually happened when i was turning left or i hit small bumps, it felt like a small rattle in the steering wheel.