I've searched and searched the threads please help me?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyserz

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 Tahoe w/ 5.3 ran it for about a month, did a tune up, plugs, wires, oil ect. I also put on a cold air kit, and flowmaster exhaust. I'm now pulling a p0420 code. I am new to the mechanic side and learning as I go.

I know what the code is, so I did a diagnostic pull and am getting the following for fuel trim, ect. Hoping somebody can give me some input as to what is wrong or what I need to do.

FuelSys1 CL
FuelSys2 CL

load% 2.0
ETC 194- i know it's the temperature

ShrtFT1 1.6
LongFT1 15.6

ShrtFT2 0.6
LongFT2 19.5

MAP (inHg) 12.1

RPM 562 - in park
MAF (lb/min) .684

TP% 0

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Scrtcell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a bad catalytic converter on the passenger side....

mattyserz

Reaction score
So just replacing the cat and all will be well? It is kind of annoying since I just put in High-Flow cats about 2 months ago. Could it just need to be reset or tuned? I have a CAI to the High-flow cats, to flowmaster super 40 out normal OEM tailpipe. I also used sea-foam in engine, would that have caused something to clog the cat?

Scrtcell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was what I had to do to clear up the problem with my truck...does your exhaust have a strong smell if so your cat is probably gone meaning the insides are gone....

mattyserz

Reaction score
No not a strong I smell, normal to me at least. though it seems to not want to down shift at times and is boggy in low/mid rpm on take off, assuming that's due to the lean af mixture. Ill start there. Thanks guys. Just going to delete them completely, with the ol' spark anti fouler trick.