Just installed Katzkin leather seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorbait

Reaction score
Just installed Katzkin leather seats over the weekend. Extremely pleased with how it came out. I previously had the ebony cloth interior. Yes the one that looks like a used lint brush after 2 days. That was the worst interior I have ever had in a vehicle and I didn't feel like waiting for Chevy to come out with a replacement. So I orderd the black leather and installed it myself. Not difficult just very time consuming. I did the back seat (2nd row) in about 4 hours and that was without taking them out of the truck. The fronts seats took me 3 1/2 hours and I did remove them. The only trouble spot was the front headrests and the back pockets on the front seats. For the headrests I had to use a plastic bag and a vacuum to shrink them down. Could have done the back pockets but decided to have them done by a professional since they are glued and stapled so they should be done tomorrow. Would have gone quicker with 2 people but decided to tackle it myself. I like the fact that you don't have to use hog rings on these seats like other manufacturers, they come with plastic clips sewn in exactly like the factory cloth so you just pull tight and fasten. I will try to post up pics tomorrow of the finished product.:thumbsup:

Gatorbait

Reaction score
Probably a little pricey but with them I knew what I was getting. I didn't want to chance going with another company that wasn't as well known. Plus the price difference wasn't that great between them and some other companies.

DizNutz

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for the leather?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find them for the new body style? I checked their webpage and it didn't look like they had them... Pics would be great!

Gatorbait

Reaction score
They were on www.autoseatskins.com. I have seen them on a couple other websites. Here is a link to some of the pictures. Guess I should have taken some before I put the front seats back in. The leather hasn't settled yet so there are still some creases but they will go away once it heats up.

100_0460.jpg

100_0455.jpg

100_0458.jpg

100_0461.jpg

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Katzkin makes nice seat covers. Had a two tone set made for my 05 GTO..........they make a great product.

Gatorbait

Reaction score
Thanks. The pictures really don't do it justice. They look even better in person and are extremely comfortable.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was replaced in those pictures? Are they new cushions or just covers?

Edit: Very nice btw!

Gatorbait

Reaction score
So what was replaced in those pictures? Are they new cushions or just covers?

Edit: Very nice btw!

Just the covers. You take the old cloth off and put the leather cover on. There is some extra foam already attached to the new leather covers so you get even more padding.

jeffsy

Reaction score
Very nice. The price is on the website for anyone curious. I think $1000 is resonable.

Gatorbait

Reaction score
Very nice. The price is on the website for anyone curious. I think $1000 is resonable.

I paid $749 shipped to my door for 2 rows. Ordered on Friday and arrived the next Friday. Didn't get the third row seat when I bought the truck since there are usually two big dogs back there. If you are considering it don't be confused on the website. It states that there are 2 kits for the 2007-2008 and both say it is for a Tahoe LS. I have an LT with front buckets and the split rear bench so I called them to make sure it would work. They have a kit if you have a front bench and a kit if you have front buckets. Their kits replace all the fabric including the headrests and arm rest in the 2nd row bench so there is no cloth left from your old interior.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best part about the Katzkins are they are all leather. Ours are leather seating surfaces only. In other words the sides on our truck seats are vinyl.