Katzkin Leather Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSers1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with installing a Katzkins kit themselves? I saw someone else had a kit installed but I think they had it done at a shop. Im considering getting a Katzkins kit but was wondering if I sould do it myself and/or how hard it might be to do so. Anyone with any experiences please chime in and help me out! thanks!!

Gatorbait

Reaction score
I installed it on my 07 last December. It's not difficult, just time consuming and is murder on your hands. The headrests are the worst but there is a way to make them easier. I had someone do the pockets behind the front seats for me. You have to glue and staple that part which I didn't feel confident with. Started them early morning and they were done by early afternoon. A lot of pushing and pulling to get the foam to fit right. The more you work them, the better they will look.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually used to work at katzkin in the marketing dept. When did a lot of installs for magazines and our installer could get the kit done in about 3 hours. If you have not done it before it is a little tricky, however not impossible.

All the leather kits we do for our business is katzkin kits, we have a compnay that installs them also at a resonable price. PM me for info.

Also, a steam machine helps the install and will help the leather/vinyl lay smooth with out to many wrinkles.

I have a katzkin kit on my tahoe, holding up great- I did leather with suede centers.

JSers1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! Im really leaning towards buying it, got a few days to decide!!