Keys and Spacers done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erickshoe

Reaction score
Sorry for the fast add-on but if anyone knows of any 1.5" lifted coil springs available for my 2003 Z71 I would rather do that of course I would still need the lifted/extended shocks for the rear. THX

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold this truck a year ago, and by blind luck I just happened to check the old-school AOL e-mail account that this forum was linked to, and saw a reply alert.

No, the 5100's won't allow spring separation at max articulation as long as you're running spacers. They are designed to work with a lifted truck though, so get some spacers off of e-bay or else weld in some spring retainers to hold to coils on.

I have a suburban now with 234K miles on it. Dented, dirty, smells funny and looks like crap...but damn if that thing doesn't run. Needs some seals replaced and new ball joints, spings and shocks but it's a great truck. These things run forever if you take care of them.

erickshoe

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you happen to know of any suppliers for slightly lifted coil springs for the rear. Like 1.5 inches is all I'm looking for. I would like to fing a coil spring replacement that is 1.5 inches taller and a little stiffer too so when I put a trailer with 200 lb tongue weight it doesnt squat it like it does now.