LED Tail/brake light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeMedic911

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I recently attempted to upgrade my tail/brake light 315 bulbs to led bulbs. However that did not work as easily as I thought. First set of bulbs I got would either work on the brake setting or the park setting but not function together. I tried a different set of bulbs and they work fine EXCEPT when you step on the brake all of the parking lights illuminate while brake is depressed. Let off brake everything goes off. Its not such an issue at night obviously as all the lights would be on anyways, the issue is what do I need to do to make things work properly like the old incandescent bulbs did?

Suggestions? Did I miss something?

I have successfully upgraded to LED backup lights with no known issues.

TahoeMedic911

Reaction score
I wasn't aware that the brake/park lights in the rear needed resistors. I know the turns do but never considered the park/brakes.

Koehler51

Reaction score
Yes most if not all after market LED's will need to have resistors installed...Napa's part number is 786-1023 ....most parts stores should be able to cross reference the part number and get you fixed up!!!!