(((led tail light prob)))

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok heres the skinny: a guy on here was selling some led tail lights that are the most preferred ones on this site. i bought them and when i tried to install them one of the connectors didnt seem to be lining up right with the one on my yukon so i flipped it around but the light didnt work. so i decided to hack the wires and flip the connector around so that it would line up and work properly. needless to say i got myself into a mess and when it was all over both lights' wires were cut and respliced about four times before i gave up. this all happened about 3-4mths ago so my memory may be alittle off.......so my question now is,is there anyone here who could help me fix this or who i could even send these to and have them rewired properly. i wouldnt know where to take these too in town......another thing is if there is anyone here who has the knowlege of doing this would you rather just buy them from me for cheap? either way would be fine... thanks

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry but i put this in the wrong forum. will the admin please relocate this to the 00-06 forum please

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so let you installed the LED tails and connecters did not line up. So you put the connecter in a different location and then decided to cut back the harness and basicly added some wire to the harness for the connecters to go in the position that they are supposed to be in? From what my memory serves me, when i installed my LED tails, the reverse light was in the wrong location and so was the brake light. I just trimmed the tape from the harness back and put the connecters in the right location according to the new tails. So the brake light is on top, taillamp in middle, and reverse light on bottom. Check the fuse for the taillights if the lights are not working. One of my fuses blew when i installed my lights cause i installed the connecter in the wrong spot at first.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for getting back so late. no i didnt add any wires all i did was cut both ends of both tail lights and then swapped them over, that didnt work so i swapped them back. after that i decided to take the one light that didnt connect correctly and rewire the end connector but that didnt work so i rewired them back. i believe that the manufacturer put a left-side end connector onto the right-side taillight. not realizing this til later on, i tried to modify it to work only to confuse myself with the wiring.....what im asking now is for anyone with knowledge of how these things wire-up to help me rewire them, tell me where i can take them to get them wired correctly, or take them off my hands for a fair price.....anyone?

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have knowledge on the wiring of led taillights? you know of a generic place to take these to? i guess i could make a vid describing what i did. if you have the ability to help then ill take the time out to make this vid but if your just as confused as i am then i dont wanna waste my time doing so.