led tail problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone else have any problems with theirs when they hooked them up?

1st time it blew a fuse. now my blinkers flash fast as if one bulb was out. im going to mess with it a little more today.

top part of the light is my turn signal, middle part never lights up and the lower white half seems to stay on all the time.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
You are going to have to switch your bulb sockets around. The LED tailight housing place the bulb sockets in different locations.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks, i thought they just went in the same spots. so now i take it, bottom plug has to go to top, top goes to middle, and middle one goes to the bottom now? does that sound right?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a look at it. The fuse blowing and fast flashing means you have a voltage problem.

try changing the plugs around like Seiproth said.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i moved the plugs around and everything seems ok. so heres a before

IMG_1720.jpg

after

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

iscslt

Reaction score
I have just experienced a similar problem while trying to install a set of new "X3 Racing" led tail lights in my 03 Yukon they are very similiar to the ones install by the other members, but I did not get that far as the lights blew the 10 amp fuse (instrument dash panel) and I lost a couple of bulb's in the process as well.
I re-installed my stock lights and now I can't seem to get the rear running light to work(it's only on the one side, the side I tried the install on) I replaced the bulb twice and pulled some of the fuses but I have failed to correct this issue..... is thier a set of fuses under the hood as well as the dash fuses that i will require to replace as I did a quick check but I did not reconize a specific fuse but I did notice that my lience plate rear light was toast but again only one as the other was fine....if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears. Cheers

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just experienced a similar problem while trying to install a set of new "X3 Racing" led tail lights in my 03 Yukon they are very similiar to the ones install by the other members, but I did not get that far as the lights blew the 10 amp fuse (instrument dash panel) and I lost a couple of bulb's in the process as well.
I re-installed my stock lights and now I can't seem to get the rear running light to work(it's only on the one side, the side I tried the install on) I replaced the bulb twice and pulled some of the fuses but I have failed to correct this issue..... is thier a set of fuses under the hood as well as the dash fuses that i will require to replace as I did a quick check but I did not reconize a specific fuse but I did notice that my lience plate rear light was toast but again only one as the other was fine....if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears. Cheers

there are also 10amp fuses under the hood. i blew one there also. if you dont have the plug in the right way its going to blow the fuse. just flip it in the plug.