Lift gate issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGMSPD

Reaction score
2016 Tahoe with power lift gate. It will open via the rear handle, remote, foot under the bumper, and overhead console button. However, it will not close when I hit the rear button, remote or overhead console button. I've noticed that when I hit the button on the lift gate itself the rear taillights flash and it does nothing. If I try to close it myself it starts clicking and won't latch when it down. If I hold it down for a couple seconds the clicking stops and it will latch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's out of warrant mileage by about 400 miles of course.

And there is nothing blocking or obstructing the lift gate. The other day I tapped around the edge of the lift gate when it wouldn't close and then it worked. Today I opened it to wipe it all down, while cleaning the truck, and it's back to not working again.

dcmaynor

Reaction score
GM support

You need to contact GM/Chevrolet support asap. They will work with you and the 400 miles over issue.

Bighurk

Reaction score
You may need to check with the dealer because I had a similar issue in the past and they had to replace one of the hydraulic piece in the back. But this was while it was in warranty... hope all goes well for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk