Lift kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dependable lift on a budget

best lift for daily driver tahoe is using new keys in the front (torsion bar keys from ford or aftermarket) to make it level with the stock height of the rear. u can still crank them all the way up to make the front higher than the the back if u don't mind a rougher ride due to stiffer suspension up front. then if u want it to look perfect and fit 35x12.50 (315/70) without rubbing or changing the ride quality/suspension geometry (as long as u don't excede an 8" wide wheel!), you can buy raised leaf spring mounts. they are very easy to install if u have access to a jack and 2 jack stands. this setup levels out the truck while retaining stock ride quality and durability. i think front is adjustable 2-4 inches of lift and rear is 1.75" lift. these kits run about $150 on ebay and most tire stores can install them

the above info is for 1995-1998 old body style 2 door tahoes/yukons, but may be applicable to other vehicles including but not limited to:

1988-1998 sierra/silverado/cheyenne/tahoe/blazer/yukon/suburban (with adjustable torsion bars of course!)

i think mostly only z71 and 4x4 packages have adjustable torsion bars...

-1997 Tahoe LS 4x4 2 door

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
p.s. the 1999 and 2000 tahoe 4 door z71 have same suspension setup and should work with these kits

ckingwevl

Reaction score
Here's my '99 with a 6" RCD suspension and a 2" body lift sitting on 35" Toyos. If you are planning on lifting your ride, I would highly recommend the Procomp 6" lift. That lift maintains your factory stance and will not stick your front wheels two inches like the rest of them. If you are OCD like myself, it'll drive you NUTZ! Good thing for 2inch wheel adaptors for the rear wheels. Just another recommendation, buy an extra set of wheel adaptors and have them on standby if you plan on doing any offroading. Cuz if you do break one (and your wheel goes rolling down the trail by itself for half a mile) you can put your spare adaptor on and not look rediculous driving home.:thumbsup:
Hey man you posted this years ago, but looking at your 4dr Tahoe it looks like you have a cargo basket on top that is the width of your tahoe. What brand is it where did you get it? I can only find baskets for tahoes that are max 38 inches wide. Drives me crazy because its looks stupid on top (I have one). Thanks in advance.