lift question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a lift kit for my 98 2dr Tahoe. I currently has no lift. I have found a budget lift on ebay which is a 3 inch front torsion key lift and a 2 inch rear blocks. I have never installed a lift kit but have seen pics and watched how to videos on the web but still scared. in doing the lift mentioned above would I need to replace my stock shocks, break hoses, or any other items or will I just need the lift kit and some elbow grease? Also I live in Norman Oklahoma and wouldn't mind some help if anyone local wants to join...

Thank you in advance for any info...

:happy160:

Zipper369

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about a similar set of blocks/keys for mine as well. The main thing stopping me is that I've been told the keys in the front throw off the angle of the control arms, which would make it ride funny. A real lift kit would keep the stock angles so you could keep the smooth stock ride.

Aside from that, I wouldn't think you would need to touch anything else, but don't take my word for it. At most, maybe extending the brake lines and/or checking the U-joint angles.

I'm not positive on this, so can anyone else confirm or deny my claims?

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that cheapy set up on my Tahoe right now, its not that bad but I still want to invest in a bigger lift. it rides smooth, I have 3" spacers on the rear which I had to put extender bracket for the rear shocks so I could keep the factory size shocks and the front eventually settled and is ok with the factory shocks, but wish it sat higher.