Location for my Yellow Top OPTIMA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i got the RED TOP hooked up as my primary battery, Has any one but a yellow top over in the other corner, like JK? JK's battery doesn't have TOP POST, I think thatz going to be my problem. But if someone has done it,then i shouldn't have a problem doing it.

Please update me , If they have a second battery and where they have it
Thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant help ya on the second battery, but i would switch your primary and secondary, make your primary a yella top and the second one a red top, if you wanna get super crazy get two yellow tops, and then go duel alternator 300 amps EACH. :yesnod: then do the big 3 mod on everything.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did you buy your Optimas? They were recently bought out and they are now having issues. FYI.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did you buy your Optimas? They were recently bought out and they are now having issues. FYI.

i bought a yellow top for the mustang in march, no problems what so ever.

my 06 i bought a week after i brought it home, new one is still stock and if their haveing problems i will keep it that way.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing has changed in terms of the production standards, they might be increasing prices due to the higher cost of metal (esp lead) but I'm friends with the optima rep and he hasn't said anything. I'd go with the same battery for a dual (red-red or yellow-yellow) and run a good isolator, pretty sure you can buy the additional tray and it should bolt right up just like my bro's dmax
dmaxintake.jpg

I'm doing an additional yellowtop with an isolator and 1/0 wiring but 2ga will work just fine.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I would believe your buddy over the guy trying to sell me a different one. The ones he was pushing were Kinetik, they look badass and have double the cold cranking power of a red top. They cost more (given) but have ALOT more power. One Kinetik= 2 Red Tops.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinetiks are badass, so are the odysseys and stingers but I like my free yellow tops so I won't complain.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well free is a VERY good price. I wouldn't complain either. Do you think that Kinetiks are worth the money. I am just going to run a JL 500/1 and a 300/4. Would I honestly need one? I mean other to park and let it play for an hour or more without running the engine.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naw just do the big 3 and buy a yellowtop, those amps don't pull much current. I let my truck sit for about 2 hours with the stereo up and it still starts just fine with only one yellowtop.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok done. So obviously you can't get me a *free* battery but how much could you get one for?

tann808

Reaction score
I'll post some pics of my dual Yellows when I get home, looks kinds like Boostaholic's Bro's setup.

FYI, Don't get me wrong still great batteries, just seems like their claims are not supported.

a Law Suit has been filed Against V-Battery, Altronics, and Kinetik

Friday, April 25, 2008 Test Result Summary Kinetik 16/12V battery
Independent laboratory testing conducted by Independant Testing Laboratory as well as JBI Corp. reveals that the Kinetik 16/12V batteries do not meet their advertised specifications regarding cranking performance.

Kinetik continues to make claims regarding their product that are not supported by laboratory testing. Despite being notified of the results of laboratory testing, Kinetik has not changed their advertising:

The racing enthusiasts’ dream. The most powerful 16V battery available on the market, more cranking and reserve power, 3 post dual 16/12 voltage. And… Our 16/12V is also the largest, most powerful 16V battery on the market featuring more reserve time and cranking amps than our competitors. And… Pound for pound, More Powerful

Kinetik is claiming 750CA for their 16/12V battery. One could easily assume this means 750A at 32°F for 30 seconds down to 9.6V cut off (1.2 volts per cell times the eight cells in the battery). Independent lab testing shows that the product does not acheive this specification. Laboratory tests showthat a sample Kinetik battery could not sustain even 500A at 32°F for 30 seconds down to 9.6V. When the test lab applied a 600A load the voltage crashed to zero in less than one second.

Under the supervision of Dr. Kathryn R. Bullock, Ph.D., C.P.C. of CoolOhm, Independent Testing Laboratory of Reading PA, tested another set of three Kinetik Racing KR2416 batteries. They found similar results, namely that the best case cranking amp capacity at 32°F was more accurately 447A, not 750A. That’s almost half.

Competitors using industry standard terms such as “Cold Cranking Amps CCA” and “Cranking Amps CA” should test according to such standards. The public should expect that published claims can be verified according to industry standards before the product is offered for sale. The independent laboratory testing results discussed above reveal that the Kinetik Racing KR2416 and the Kinetik Audio HC16V batteries do not meet their advertised specifications regarding cranking performance.

Here are links to the test reports http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/suit.pdf

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a yellow top for a second battery, and i had just put mine inbetween my backseat and my speaker box, it does fine there without moving around or anything

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok done. So obviously you can't get me a *free* battery but how much could you get one for?
Just get one as costco, there isn't much markup and shipping is a bitch. Sucks to hear about kinetik as I thought they were better, I always ran odyssey when I was doing the whole competition thing and they were sweet.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont they make an Optima with side and top posts on the same battery?

tann808

Reaction score
dont they make an Optima with side and top posts on the same battery?

you're looking at it.....My main battery has the tray cover over the top of the battery and my second battery has covers over each top post.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, can you run your main cables off the side posts and acc. off the top on the same one (HID's, amp and so on...)