Lockpick and rear view camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

batter

Reaction score
Can you tell me the location under the passenger front seat of the blue wire that needs to be cut in hookup lockpick rear camera feature for a '08 Tahoe?

Any details on how you got access to this wire would also be greatly appreciated.

A photo would be helpful also.

Thanks.

Figured it out. I took picture of connector in instructions and compared to connectors under passenger seat. I unplugged connector that appeared to match. Started vehicle and put in reverse and had no camera, so I was fairly certain I had the correct connector. To get to the connect I had to put the passenger seat all the way forward not back as silver box is located more in the middle of seat front and back and toward the center console.

Also, went for a short drive and couldn't get rear view camera to work while in drive. Notice that when I started the button push my window lock was in on position. Changed so I was starting with window lock off and then pushed four times and it worked.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Last edited:

batter

Reaction score
photos of Lockpick rear view camera install under passenger seat

Here are a couple of photos to help the next person trying to hook up rear view camera unlock. I have an '08 Tahoe.

The first photo is of the trim piece I removed to get at blue wire on lockpick device. I stored my lockpick NOT in radio compartment but down by floor underneath center stack (see other post about lockpick box placement for photos).

Second photo is of silver box and connector you will be looking for to hook up rear view camera unlock. The photo is taken from behind front passenger seat with seat all the way forward.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 001a.JPG
    001a.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 31
  • 004a.JPG
    004a.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

batter

Reaction score
How long will it stay on when you turn it on while you are in Drive?

I will turn on when I drive to work tomorrow and see if it stays on entire trip, which is what I believe it should do.

Turned on during trip to work today about 20 miles and 35 minutes. Stayed on the entire trip.

Last edited:

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is Lock pick? I will it work on my 09'

I have one on my '09 and it works just fine(other than the nav position freezing which most other 07/08 owners complain of the same thing) but the setup under the passenger seat is different from the 08s. The box and blue wire that you are supposed to connect to is not there. So right now I still don't have my rearview camera control hooked up yet b/c I don't know where the camera wire is located.

Last edited:

wrenejr

Reaction score
thank you

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info and link. Looks like this system has it's limitations but it may be worth it.

GIXXER

Reaction score
I have one on my '09 and it works just fine(other than the nav position freezing which most other 07/08 owners complain of the same thing) but the setup under the passenger seat is different from the 08s. The box and blue wire that you are supposed to connect to is not there. So right now I still don't have my rearview camera control hooked up yet b/c I don't know where the camera wire is located.

Are you finding that the nav position freezes when you're doing an override to the system? Reason why I ask is that the Lockpick overrides the system by making the vehicle think it is not in motion. This allows access to the Nav selection options. When you press the window lock button again you should notice the vehicle curser on the nav screen to start moving....ableit in the wrong position until it finally figures it out that it's in the wrong spot. Then it snaps to the correct location.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you finding that the nav position freezes when you're doing an override to the system? Reason why I ask is that the Lockpick overrides the system by making the vehicle think it is not in motion. This allows access to the Nav selection options. When you press the window lock button again you should notice the vehicle curser on the nav screen to start moving....ableit in the wrong position until it finally figures it out that it's in the wrong spot. Then it snaps to the correct location.

Yeah I figured out that I needed to "lock" it back to get the cursor back to the current position but now I understand why. Thanks.

Now all I need is to figure out how to connect the blue wire to my rearview camera.

GIXXER

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat...I didn't hook it up because I didn't knwo where the blue wire went...now that I know I don't want to open the dash up again as it was a serious pain in the ass to stuff all the wires back there.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I hooked up the lockpick I ran the blue wire down the side of the center console and left it slightly protruded out near the passenger seat so that way I can hook it up whenever someone figures out where to connect it.