Looking at buying some LED tails!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember right jazejeff sells LED tail lights made my eagle eyes? First I wanted to ask if eagle eyes are the best brand for aftermarket LED tails as far as quality and appearance goes. Next, I wanted to know which kind you guys recommend. Third I need to find jazejeff =). Thanks for the help guys!

sm1074

Reaction score
LED tails

I have a 2008 Tahoe LT3 and considering LED tails to resemble the Escalade tails. I know the thread regarding the K2 tails and all the issues. I'm not sure if those issues were with the 2nd generation K2 tails or the current 3rd generation tails. Please let me know which tails to place on my Tahoe to resemble the Escalade.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jazejeff has a shop!
www.shopcustomcreations.com
I just ordered a pair of ruby red IPCW's from him along with the smoked LED 3rd brake light. I was deciding between IPCW, K2 GEN3, and the custom jazejeff ones. Most people have the ruby red IPCW, so thats what I went with. I might smoke them with a light tint, but thats later.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you go with the smoked tails if you went with the smoked 3rd brake light? A few more questions. How difficult is the install on these? Also, what is the difference between the K2 and IPWC brand? Which one is higher quality and has less issues? Is there really that much of a difference in appearance? Man i hate choosing mod's. I'm so indecisive and worried that I'm gonna get something I don't like.:confused:

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, do you have pics of the tails on your tahoe? I know the K2's have three rows of LED bulbs, do the IPWC's have the same? Thanks for the help!

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill try to answer what I could. I was going to get the platinum smoked IPCW LED's because I wanted something smoked with a redish color. After looking at the the platinum smoked in person, they were clear with a VERY light black color. Also many people on the forum have gone with the ruby red. It took me 2 weeks and lots of thinking to finally decide. I hate to say it, but I looked at the price and got the most expensive one (IPCW) and went with the color most people have Ruby Red.
The IPCW, are 2 rows and GEN3 are 3 rows. I have not received my LED's yet but they should ship out from Jeff today. I will post some pics when I install them. I got the VHT Nite shade can just in case the light are not the way I hough. Then I will smoke them dark or just put my Denali tails back on. And for the 3rd brake light, there are only 2 colors for the LED version, smoked and chrome.

What color are you thinking about? Red, black, chrome, or smoked?

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got some great news !!!!!!
the fiber optic tails are 3weeks away preorders start today cost is $329.95
LEDT-312C.jpg

LEDT-312CB.jpg

LEDT-312CR.jpg

LEDT-312CS.jpg

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are ipcw ..
im lucky just to get these ive seen them on in person they look good!!!!

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had the black K2 gen 3's for 2 months now.. no problems yet

Attachments

• Tahoe 5.jpg
    Tahoe 5.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 70

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whats so good about these "optic" tail lights? Are they better than the LED tails or something? I think i like the regular LED tails style better

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look weird in my opinion. I gotta say the regular ones are better. Jeff shipped my lights today, so I'll post some pics within the week.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I like the bulb placement, obviously the tail and brake have to be on separate circuits for this. Too bad the bottom half isn't lit until you brake. But I gotta admit I think the light output itself is cool. Very live coloring that should make candied tails a thing of the past. I wonder how the output compares in terms of brightness? I want something that is so bright I can tint it dark and it will still put out bright as stock, if not better. And I like the factory split with the white in the middle.

zr2sms

Reaction score
So.. Does anyone have pics of these installed yet? Any feedback?

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good info. as I'd like some for my '05 Denali. My initial thought was red then smoked- but figured they should match my 3rd brakelight as closely as possible. I've had my eye on the red K2s.