Low oil pressure question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vista Cruiser 69

Reaction score
Hm, one step forward and two back...

Sometimes I feel like trading the whole stuff in for a 1977 Chevy Blazer or Suburban which has 7 fuses only or so....:rolleyes:

whiteyukon

Reaction score
Vista...i hear ya. Get back to the simple ways. I had an 86 that give me very few problems. If it did, it was easy to fix.

07burb....i understand that tire pressure sensors are not connected to the traction control. It just seems like one problem after another. The shop still can't figure out the stabilitrak and traction control light. Looks like i may just have to deal with the light being on.
As for the tire pressure monitoring system, those sensors must be very fine tuned. Both rear tires have 33lbs. The left front has 33lbs. The right front has 32lbs. 1lb difference between all 4 tires sets off the light seems a lil screwy to me.

Todd D

Reaction score
Well I changed oil along with a good filter but oil pressure stayed the same. I took it to the dealer and there was a leak in the oil pan gasket. He recommended repairing the leak and changing oil pump but that this would not be a guaranteed fix. Wouldn't you know that didnt fix it. They are saying something internal is wrong with the engine. May have to trade this bad boy in!

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I changed oil along with a good filter but oil pressure stayed the same. I took it to the dealer and there was a leak in the oil pan gasket. He recommended repairing the leak and changing oil pump but that this would not be a guaranteed fix. Wouldn't you know that didnt fix it. They are saying something internal is wrong with the engine. May have to trade this bad boy in!

Did you ever replace the oil sender? I would not give up on the engine till you do that and check wiring if has not been done. While it is out I would use a pressure gauge to check and go from there.

jsemtp

Reaction score
I had this same issue, it began first with DIC saying oil level was low. I trusted, added a quart of oil. Drove about 500 miles then got the death message of Oil Pressure low, Shut Engine Off. Oil Level was good. I could go about 10 miles from being cold before pressure dropped to zero, then alarmed. Had Error message read and it said oil pressure sensor bad, replaced that, still not fixed, Found a thread that suggested add a can of Sea Foam, drive up to 200 miles then change oil. Crossed my fingers while getting oil changed. Bingo, so far so good, 3 days in, and getting about 40 on pressure, 50 on hard acceleration. No alarms.

07burb

Reaction score
The issue with mine cropped again last weekend and culprit was a screen that sits between the oil sensor and the oil flow. It gets gunked up over time which in turn leads to false readings.

Here's a pic of the screen that was removed
jRBfNnE.png