LTZ 07 Tahoe Mileage 3.73

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86250rbanshee

Reaction score
I drove it around all weekend and it never hardly varied if at all from 11.7mpg on the comp. It has maybe 200 miles on it, it has the 5.3L 3.73 doesnt that very low, granted I know it will increase a bit once broken in. BUt...
Any help?

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ours is currently around 14 with 300 miles. My friends with over 20000 gets 17-18. I'm sure it will come up as you put some miles on it.

newtahoeltz

Reaction score
About the same for us, around 300 miles, approx. 14 mpg....should get better for us:grouphug:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the same for us, around 300 miles, approx. 14 mpg....should get better for us:grouphug:

:iagree: I'm getting around 14 in town right now, I read the same thing, as they get broke in the MPG should come up. I currently have 687 mile on mine.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez..

Are your numbers actually computed or are you using the car's computer? I have 1500 on mine and have yet to compute mileage myself, but I am only getting ~11mpg on the computer. My daily commute is about 5 miles to work and 5 miles home with maybe 4-5 stop lights/signs each way...

Karman

Reaction score
I have year old 07 same as yours, I get 18 mpg normal driving. Have 12000 miles on it.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yukon XL Denali. Mine gets some 16 mixed. This is after about 3k mi. This is about 3 MPG off my 07 Suburban. Keep in wind that the Denails have AWD which cuts MPG quite a bit.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yukon XL Denali. Mine gets some 16 mixed. This is after about 3k mi. This is about 3 MPG off my 07 Suburban. Keep in wind that the Denails have AWD which cuts MPG quite a bit.
I would love to know what you're doing to get 16MPG in your '07 XL Denali! Do you have the 20" wheels, and do you have any mods? I'm happy to average 11-12!!! Okay, well, I'm not "happy"... :cuss: Any input is appreciated!!! :thumbsup:

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I have the standard rims. The 16 are very gently driving with about 60-70 % highway. From the Suburban I learned that gently driving is the key especially with the full size GM SUVs. I easily can drive @ 11 or 12, though :)

Jim

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim! I'll try diligently to lighten up on the accelerator, but the Volant intake sounds sooo niiiiiice! :cool2: I've been doing better with it, but I'm hoping the Edge Evolution I've got on order will give me the boost I'd like. I'd really like to see this thing sitting around 14-15 city and 17+ highway, but I'm not holding my breath...

soccer1

Reaction score
Mileage

We have an LTZ, 3.73 rear, drive mostly city, and haven't seen anything better than 11.7 even on the highway. Dealer said if there aren't any codes, then all is well.

AlecThigpen

Reaction score
I have the 07 Yukon XL 5.3 liter with 3.73 and I average around 14 mpg. If I am driving Interstate speeds and no city driving I can get 18 mpg. If I am going 45 on open highway I can get 20 or 21 mpg. Pulling a 17' boat, open road, about 12-13 mpg.

I get a lower average mpg than I did in my 99 Suburban but higher mpg on the interstate by 1 or 2 mpg.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'07 XL Denali 6.2 6200MI 15.5MPG mixed - cool!

Filled up today and did a bunch of driving around this afternoon/evening, intentionally taking it easy on the throttle. Averaged 15 and change (mixed). I guess it is possible, but it's not as much fun... :sleep:

Getting my Edge Evolution on Saturday -- looking forward to trying out the economy tune. :rolleyes2:

soccer1

Reaction score
Fuel Mileage

So what do we do when the Tahoe does not get the rated mileage and the local dealer says nothing wrong is indicated? I am in Orange County California and the vehicle is driven 90% of the time on city streets. We have driven to Vegas and north and still get at best 12 mpg.

jtemp21

Reaction score
thinkin about gettin an 07' z71

the main reason i didn't want to get a Z71 was the mileage but since it gets about the same as the ltz it sounds fine. anybody no how much the tank holds though?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tank capacity

the main reason i didn't want to get a Z71 was the mileage but since it gets about the same as the ltz it sounds fine. anybody no how much the tank holds though?

Owner's manual states 26 gallons.

1BadPig

Reaction score
I don't trust the DIC display so I always log the miles and the engine hours... why doesn't the DIC show average spped? Ours is 1 week old and 411 on the odo... first fill-up data says 12.6 MPG at an average 17 MPH (the wife waits in the school car line to pick up the kids... we really need the Tahoe Hybrid! :yesnod: ).

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 LTZ with 3.73 and 4WD. I have just over 20k miles on it and average about 13.7 around town. I took it on a 3,000 mile trip pulling a tent trailer last month. Averaged between 16 and 17mpg on the highway. I would expect that the 4wd has a negative impact on gas mileage but I can't tell you how much.