max towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Fan

Reaction score
Yes for the 08 but I think the 07 2wd did not comewith the tow package unless you oredered the 4wd. I waited a year because of this.
Our trailer was a 6800lb Komfort 26 foot. I had to sell the trailer because it was just too much weight. We now are very happy with our 19 foot Airstream.

seanxtreme3000

Reaction score
my 07 Z71 has been pulling a 24' 6800lbs boat to cost and back once a month and have done fine. i do have the edge chip wich makes a huge diff. i would recomend the chip

Bowtye8

Reaction score
I have a 2009 LTZ 6.2l with 6 Speed. I pulled a 13000 lb boat across Floida a few times. I had triple disc brakes on the trailer for the stopping power. It pulled just fine.
I know I should have been pulling with a 3/4 Ton or dually but love the Hoe.
Tahoe sagging some becuase its not running. When running its sits nice a level.

Baja-Tahoe.jpg

leojang

Reaction score
What was the temp on the outsude and the tranny? and How much distance?

Bowtye8

Reaction score
I dont remember the exact temp of the tranny. I thought low 200's

I would pull 150 miles. East coast FL to the west coast of FL.

GHR2

Reaction score
My 2007 Yukon 4 WD with 3.73 gears and 60,700 miles was just in the dealer's for a rear end rebuild. Started hearing some noise from rear end a few weeks ago. Had tires rotated but didn't help. I checked rear end fluid and it was full, but there was a LOT of filings on the end of the magnetic plug - didn't look right. Took to dealer for a check. They pulled apart and said rear end "was toast." Wanted to know if I pulled heavy loads. I pull a Pace box trailer (from Home Depot) occasionally - probably a total of 5,000 miles - with relatively light loads. Tech said the weight wasn't the issue on that trailer, but the high flat face of the front of the trailer offered a high wind load. He's right - noticed that on a trip from Texas in a head wind, but had slowed down to 60 mph. They rebuilt rear end - ring, pinion, bearings, seals - under the drivetrain warranty. Tech said they are now using 75w-140 synthetic in the front and rear diffs instead of the stock 75w-90. Guess they've seen some wear when using the stock 75w-90 fluid. Glad I had the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

gjohnon15

Reaction score
I pull a 6500# 30' Jayco TT with my '07. tows fine but my autoride system is shot (not from towing) and I am looking at replacing with standart HD shocks. I believe the max load for the '07 LTZ is 7700#