Middle seat swap from buckets to bench in 06 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrJDaddy

Reaction score
I am wondering if I can remove the 2 Captain chairs from the middle row of my 2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71 4X4 and replace it with a bench with 3 seat belts. We are having our 6th child so I need an 8 passenger vehicle and don't want to look into a new car since our Tahoe is in GREAT shape. I have seen sites that say yes, and some that say no. A lot of people on forums that I have seen "guess" but I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if it can or can not be done. FYI, the 3rd row bench does not fit in the middle row. It is a completely different hardware setup. Thanks so much for the help!!!!

Scrtcell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the bench seat will bolt right in just make sure if it is from a regular tahoe only the bench seat from a regular tahoe will fit not from a suburban and vice versa...

kgarrett09

Reaction score
mr j daddy where are you located ? i have a bench now and would love to have the captains in the back instead? i have grey leather BTW. :cool: