Motor cutting out at high rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe52793

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2007 tahoe with the flex fuel 5.3.
I installed a comp cams camshaft 54-451-11 with pushrods springs and a double roller timing chain recommended by the person I was speaking with at comp cams. I had it tuned by blackbear performance. My issue is during WOT mostly 2-3rd gear shift at 5-6k it will hit off of this invisible limiter. At this time the park assist will flash and my gauges will all reset. I am stumped as to what this problem can be as I did a data-log with justin from blackbear and he is seeing smooth acceleration the whole way. I have replaced my whole ignition system and alternator. I have good oil pressure and it doesnt seem to be like its starving for fuel. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not much of a high performance buff but I'm just taking a shot in the dark here youdon't think it may require a pcm performance software upgrade ?

longday

Reaction score
I would agree with rockenthebowtie. It may require a pcm software upgrade. Another thing to check is the fuel pump and fuel regulator.

longday

Reaction score
It can be bought from the dealer or with any performance shop.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No not the dealer they only be able to provide the regular stock software updates but with you engine performance mods you did you want to go to a performance shop and see if they can help you