Mpg increase with tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kd_unruh

Reaction score
I have to say the the Blackbear tune is great! Justin had me change out my fuel filter and then I went ahead and threw in some new plugs and wires (only changed the wires since I pulled apart one of the stock ones by mistake). I have seen a 2-2.5 MPG increase. I'm now getting just a hair below 18 in mainly city driving. Plus all of my driving is at 6,000 feet or above. It is well worth the money. As long as you get the cable and ECM back to them, your money is back in your account, quick.

LeadFootCole

Reaction score
I have to say the the Blackbear tune is great! Justin had me change out my fuel filter and then I went ahead and threw in some new plugs and wires (only changed the wires since I pulled apart one of the stock ones by mistake). I have seen a 2-2.5 MPG increase. I'm now getting just a hair below 18 in mainly city driving. Plus all of my driving is at 6,000 feet or above. It is well worth the money. As long as you get the cable and ECM back to them, your money is back in your account, quick.

How does it run now compared to before the tune, on a scale of 1 - 10, ten being the highest.

kd_unruh

Reaction score
I'd never had a tune done on any other vehicle, so I have nothing to base it off of. The biggest thing that I notice is getting on it from around 45-55 MPH, there is a definite boost in acceleration there. The shifts are firmer and it seems to get off of the line quicker. I would say around a 7. But again, I have nothing to compare it with.