Nav disc upgrade question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I purchased my 2007 Tahoe, I was advised that I get on free nav disc upgrade. How does this work and I how do I do it? When I went to the GM Navdisc website they all have prices next to them. Thanks.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM would have sent you a postcard in the mail with a code on it. As long as you're the original owner, you're entitled to two years of free updates on 2007's, but you have to order by 12/31/08 if you bought in 2006 and 12/31/09 if you bought in 2007 to get the final update for free. You'll need your VIN number as well. If you can't figure their site out, or didn't get a postcard, just call the phone number listed on the website. I couldn't find my postcard last year (misplaced after I received it); so that's what I did. Talked to a friendly guy, and I had the disc a few days later, totally free. I ordered my 2009 disc on 11/25 via the website (click "subscription" at the top of home page) and used the code on the postcard, but it's still back-ordered, so I dunno when it will come...

www.gmnavdisc.com
877-NAV-DISC

Good luck!

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks..

Already called and getting my free 2009 update. Will be sent out as soon as they get some in stock. FREE. Nice.

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you're the original owner, you're entitled to two years of free updates on 2007's, but you have to order by 12/31/08 if you bought in 2006 and 12/31/09 if you bought in 2007 to get the final update for free.

You don't need to be the original owner. I just picked up a used 2007 Escalade ESV and they are sending me the updates (as soon as they are off back-order) as well.

- Mark
2007 Escalade ESV, blue over tan

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to be the original owner...

You're correct -- you must've purchased a vehicle that was not "Certified Used" or "Certified Pre-Owned". According to the site, those vehicles are excluded from the program.

Sorry, I shouldda been more specific! :rolleyes:

BTW, congrats on the Escalade -- very nice! :thumbsup:

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're correct -- you must've purchased a vehicle that was not "Certified Used" or "Certified Pre-Owned". According to the site, those vehicles are excluded from the program.

Ahh, interesting - I had no idea! That's kinda lame.

BTW, congrats on the Escalade -- very nice! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I like it. It's way more comfortable than the 2500HD pickup that it's replacing. :)