Need advice on buying a tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wizard1969

Reaction score
Im looking into getting a 08 LTZ, the dealer is offering me 41,775 out the door price do you guys think that is good? Im in sountern california. Or should I wait til the 09's come out and get a good deal on the 08's?? I guess I want to know if now is the right time to buy?

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color? What kind of features that'll make it stand out further from an LT3. And specifically, what dealer? I'm in So Cal that's why I ask.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deep ruby red, fully loaded, city chevrolet in san diego

If it's fully loaded, and I mean FULLY LOADED and it's brand new then $41,775 out the door sounds pretty good. I'd look over the contract very thourougly though and make sure they're not making back some money on you with some b.s. fee (i.e. contract fee) or something like that. I recently bought an 08 LTZ and my contract fee was $45. I've seen dealers stick it to someone on a "good deal" and charge like $440 on a contract fee. Just beware.

wizard1969

Reaction score
Yes thats it I was also wondering do you or anyone else know if putting in the conversion box to change it from xm to sirius voids the warranty? I already have the box and does anyone know where the box is located in the tahoe?

sdoo25

Reaction score
Yes thats it I was also wondering do you or anyone else know if putting in the conversion box to change it from xm to sirius voids the warranty? I already have the box and does anyone know where the box is located in the tahoe?

Can't speak to the Chevy but I can tell you that I swapped the Sirius unit that came on my VW with an XM unit (actually came from my previous car) and the service guy said he would note that the XM module didn't come w/the car and it wouldn't be covered under warranty. We'll see if they remember that if I ever have a problem with it in the future.

I would think that they just wouldn't service any issues that arise from your Sirius module, the rest of the stereo/entertainment system should still be under warranty.

Tom

retsell

Reaction score

There's not really such a thing as voiding the warranty, but if you had problems with the radio I would disconnect it before bringing it in that way they don't try and blame the box.

The xm tuner is located behind the glove box on the right side. No tools required to remove it.

-Ryan

wizard1969

Reaction score
Yes I got it but not the red one i decided I liked the summit white and i thought it would show the dirt less than the red. I also carefully thought about if i needed nav and the rear entertainment system I decided not to get it with that, so I got an LTZ summit white with everything but those items. 40,022 out the door. Quite a change from the Zo6 i traded in!

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I got it but not the red one i decided I liked the summit white and i thought it would show the dirt less than the red. I also carefully thought about if i needed nav and the rear entertainment system I decided not to get it with that, so I got an LTZ summit white with everything but those items. 40,022 out the door. Quite a change from the Zo6 i traded in!

I thought nav and rear entertainment were standard on LTZ? Maybe you got an LT3??? I think you were better off paying an extra $1,700 for more bells and whistles. But if you're happy with what u got, congrats bro.

wizard1969

Reaction score
No I have a LTZ I guess, my window sticker says tahoe LTZ package, plus it has the LTZ badges on the side. It just does not have the nav or entertainment sytem in the rear, i would never use these items the trucks msrp was 2,200 less with out those 2 items according to the sticker prices.

moosic

Reaction score
Im looking into getting a 08 LTZ, the dealer is offering me 41,775 out the door price do you guys think that is good? Im in sountern california. Or should I wait til the 09's come out and get a good deal on the 08's?? I guess I want to know if now is the right time to buy?

Was this with rebates?