Need help installing AUX input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hybrid514

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71. It has the factory head unit and I would like to install an aux input if possible.

The vehicle has the Bose sound system with the 6 CD changer head unit as well as OnStar and steering wheel controls.

From reading other posts on this forum and others, the 6 CD changer (which I took out to see the back of it) only has one slot in the back. And while messing around I found that the plug is being used by OnStar and nothing else (i hope, does anyone know what else would be using this plug with OnStar). I don't use nor care about OnStar. I don’t have XM so that isn’t an issue.

Just hoping someone could point me in the right direction for which piece of equipment will work with the setup I have. Doing my research all the GM to AUX I have found always has some kind of warning that it would work with the 6 CD changer version or Bose or etc.

Edit: It also includes the rear radio interface.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

bluessclone

Reaction score
I wanted this too, but I also wanted blue tooth streaming and calling. I got an isimple isgm655 bluetooth connector. It plugs into your factory deck and works through XM. Overall I've been happy with it. Has USB, bluetooth streaming, bluetooth calling and headphone jack or rca input. I searched online and found one for under $100. Have it in an 04 z71