Need help with Auxillary Input. PLEASE HELP !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

otisdawhino

Reaction score
I have scoured the forums and google to find a way to accomplish what I want and I just cant find much. I see that this is a hot topic but I cant really find anything that is completely explanatory for me. Here is what I want to do......

I have a 2005 GMC Yukon with Bose system with factory sub and factory DVD in roof. The system is completely satisfactory to me and I dont want to upgrade to some high dollar system. My only beef is that I want to be able to hook my Droid phone up or my Itouch up so I can listen to pandora and Tunein radio. I now have a wire coming from the DVD player in the ceiling and I have to reach back and turn that on and hit the Aux button on my HU....this looks like garbage and kind of is a pain but it works. I want to wire in some sort of Input to the HU itself to be able to listen to an auxillary unit. Is this possible and can you PLEASE help me find the best way ? Link me, explain to me, whatever you need to do to point me in the right direction. I have a dynamite stereo installer friend who can do anything technical so thats not a problem but I just would like to be able to push a button on the HU and play my droid or itouch through the unit without the crappy FM modulators Ive tried. I also have Sirius on my Droid so I dont need that function if that is not available after the mod.

Thank you for your help in advance and I look forward to all of your responses.

OTISDAWHINO :happy160:

gibbygsxr

Reaction score
The best fm modulator on the market is an isimple is77. Its not like the cheap wirless ones. It is like a good fm station sound wise. We use them all the time. Cheapest way to get audio into the stock deck.

jpbplb

Reaction score
Crutchfield makes an adapter for the hu for an aux in jack. Your installer then removes hu, installs adapter into rear of hu. Then your installer can drill hole for placement of aux in jack and wire that to rear of hu. Put everything back together and you now have an aux in jack to play your ipod, droid, zune, etc.

FishinCricket

Reaction score
I was able to splice into the XM input wires, I followed a step by step posted on one of these forums, somewhere...

theBarzeen

Reaction score