Need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDennis

Reaction score
I just bought a 08 Z71 tahoe about two maybe three weeks ago. After the second day I noticed a squeak in the front end. I took it up to the dealership yesterday and today they called me back saying it is the grill and the bumper causing the sound. He also told me they checked out the other new Tahoes on the lot and they had the same problem. I was wondering if anyone else notices this noise? I am not sure if it is just the Z71 or all of them. Please let me know if you have noticed this because I am not to sure I believe this explanation.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same sqeak... Really annoying when offroading and the windows are down. I actually narrowed it down to the front license plate holder. Try wiggling the entire front license plate assembly and you will hear the sqeak.

I am away on business and vacation for a couple of weeks. When I get back I will remove that holder and will let you know how it turns out. If you try it before me, let us know how it works out.

I think the fix would be some sort of material (felt or teflon pad) at the rubbing area (hopefully tightening the connection points will work).

Good luck!

Last edited:

BDennis

Reaction score
Well the dealership finally fixed mine last week. You are right about where the noise is coming from. They removed that part from the front bumper and found two screws or bolts that were bigger than the rest. They replaced the two with two screws of the same size as the rest and now it does not make the sound anymore. I know how annoying it is. I was wishing that I had not bought it when they first told me that they all do it. I hope this helps you out.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime a dealership says, "Oh, they all do that" it means they don't know what the h@%* is causing the problem. I've heard that one more times than I care to say and it's always BS!

S

scott_mckinney

I would go back and complain again, I have an LTZ with no noise at all...

seancucf

Reaction score
Forum Noob here:thumbsup:

07 Z71 here with the same or similar squeak. Even happens sometimes when closing the door.

BTW, I don't have a license plate holder on the front. Good to know it's behind the bumper area. I hate leaving cars at stealerships to "find that noise" only to get the "they all do that" answer.:nonod:

I'll check this one out on my own.

Sean