Need Lighting Expert Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014TahoeLT

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Tahoe LT. Per a recommendation from a friend, I purchase a lighting kit from DDM Tuning. I installed new bulbs in the low beams and the fog lamps. Each came with a ballast. I had to remove the entire front fascia and all to install. Huge pain in the butt.
So shortly after I install them, one light starts to flicker. Contact DDM and they say its a bad bulb and send me a replacement. A short while later, another bulb starts to flicker. DDM tells me to swap the new flickering bulb with another bulb and see if the flicker follows the bulb or the ballast. I decide not to do this since it's a huge pain. My friend tells me to manually turn the headlights on with the switch in the vehicle to prevent the flickering. He says that the auto sensor can't read the higher power bulb and causes the flickering. Even in manual mode with the lights on, these things still flicker.
THEN TO TOP IT OFF, this weekend I noticed the fog lamp bulbs are melting the fog lamp lens from the inside!!!!! I am tired of these bulbs and ballasts.

Sorry for the long story but to get to the point, I am looking for recommendations to increase the lighting on my vehicle without all the extra crap (ballasts and such). Direct replacements. I like the light blue tint lighting. PLEASE COMMENT.