need some help on a couple issues and some advice on another..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going thru fixing some problems with my truck and could use some guidance and advice...

1. My ac blower will blow fine some times and not other times. I will have it on high and it will be blowing the same on the second third and fourth setting then I'll hit a bump and boom it works like it should, I am not sure if it's the fan motor or the hvac controls.. any advice?

2. I'm needing to swap out my ignition switch with a new one and for the most part it seem pretty simple except for a very small white plastic connection on the box by where the key goes in, how do you remove this without breaking it.

3. My radiator has a hairline crack in the plastic tank on the drivers side.. I know a shop said for 80 bucks I can take my radiator to them and they will rebuild it. Or for 100 I can buy one from eBay or autozone and install it. I'm leaning towards just having mine rebuilt but not sure if I will run into any problems down the road. Anyone had this done with good or bad luck? ??

Thanks in advance for your help!!

:help:

07burb

Reaction score
1. Sounds like you may need to replace your HVAC controls as the fan switch sounds like it's faulty and may have a loose connection in there somewhere.
2. I'll let someone more knowledgeable about this repair reply :)
3. If it was me for just an extra $100 I'd just get a new radiator and call it good. Good news is you can swap the radiator within just a couple of hours in your driveway.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks burb I installed the new hvac controls and it works like a charm now. Results!! Now for the other two items!

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Fan switch was all you needed.
2. 3 wire should be the passkey sensor if it comes from the top of the tumblers down the front and down the bottom of the column, should have a connector about 1-2" down, dont need to unhook it. Are you changing out tumblers or the switch itself?
3. New Radiator all the way.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the ignition switch replaced and it fixed the stereo issue. Got the new radiator installed, I took the blower switch off the three switch combo and replaced it and fan is working great now... The tahoe is back to working good and after a wax job and wheel cleaning it will look good as well... I really couldn't have done everything I did with the help of you guys! Thanks ks everyone!!

I'll try to post some pics after he full detail. I haven't yet figured out how to post pics correctly on here :(

To everyone... :happy160: