Need your opinion on what to purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigwhitleystyle

Reaction score
So I've finally sold my car and I'm ready to purchase my new ride. Problem is, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. A couple from my church is selling their (white) '04 Tahoe LT w/ 109,000 miles. They're asking 14,000, but I feel like I'd be able to get them to come down at least a little. I'm wondering if any of you have any advice for someone considering buying a vehicle from a close friend. I like the truck a lot because it seems like a fair price for a pretty nice truck. But I'm torn because I've fallen in love with the Denali and I'm not crazy about the white on the Tahoe.

I've been looking on ebay for an 03 to 04 model year denali (I also like the z71 tahoe), preferably a black or grey one. One of these would really be my dream car (of those in my price range). My thinking is that if I buy the tahoe from my friends I'd have more a lot more money to add some nice after market parts...cai, exhaust, head unit, wheels, tuner, etc....

Should I be patient and wait for my denali or go with the LT from my friend? (I'm in somewhat of a hurry because I'm currently sharing rides with the mom, sister and fiance.) Thoughts appreciated.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats ALOT of miles for a 04. i have seen 03's with aton less miles that that. that kinda milage should be on a car twice that age.

i would wait and go for a denali. :thumbsup:

bigwhitleystyle

Reaction score
thats ALOT of miles for a 04. i have seen 03's with aton less miles that that. that kinda milage should be on a car twice that age.

i would wait and go for a denali. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the input...The mileage does concern me. What do you think the price would have to be for it to be worth buying one with that many miles?

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 03 only has 75K, i wouldnt go a penny over 10, church folk or not, sounds like a shady deal:nonod:

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I where you I would wait for a denali, I thinks its worth it, you will end up paying more but they do retain value more than a regular yukon or tahoe. When I got mine I got it for 22 G's and it had about 77,000 miles on it and I knew I made the right choice the first time I floored it

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 02 xl denali this last summer and love it, so much power when you need it, I can't imagine driving around with a smaller motor. Like everyone has said before, keep looking, they seem to range in price all over and you will be able to find one with less miles for around the same price. Good luck and go test drive a 6.0, much fun!!

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice is to be patient and wait for the vehicle you really want, which in this case seems to be the Yukon Denali. If you settle for something that is close, but not quite what you were going for, you will always want for the vehicle you weren't patient enough to find.

Believe me, I waited patiently for a titanium silver BMW M5 instead of a BMW 740i sport, Audi S4, or Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG, which had tempted me for a while, but my patience was worth it every time I get behind the wheel of the M5 and know that it was the vehicle made for me!

Get the vehicle you really want and don't settle for anything else!

neloms

Reaction score
My advice is to be patient and wait for the vehicle you really want, which in this case seems to be the Yukon Denali. If you settle for something that is close, but not quite what you were going for, you will always want for the vehicle you weren't patient enough to find.

Believe me, I waited patiently for a titanium silver BMW M5 instead of a BMW 740i sport, Audi S4, or Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG, which had tempted me for a while, but my patience was worth it every time I get behind the wheel of the M5 and know that it was the vehicle made for me!

Get the vehicle you really want and don't settle for anything else!

X2

Don't settle for a vehicle just because it might be a good deal. You're going to be driving it for the next 5-10 years, so pick the one you really want! Don't settle for white when you don't even want a white truck! Get the color and features you want on the vehicle, accept no less!