New Amp Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it would be simple, just remove the old and install new right? Well the more I got into it the more of a pain it became and I ended up rewiring the whole thing and running a new ground. The new amp is 100x better, really clean power and my L7 loves it even through the stock bose. Now that I have a remote bass control I can finally keep the bass on the highs low and it sounds so much cleaner when the highs aren't trying to pull so much power (minor clipping before, bose=teh suck). I can't wait to get a good head unit and really run some voltage to the amp, it's under half gain and I had to turn it down because it was overpowering the highs. I'm planning on getting one of the new L7 12s but its plenty loud for now. I can't wait to get some more loot, the denali is gonna be all kicker :cheers:
DSC01499.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

I didn't have any loom so I'll do that at work tomorrow, everything will be nice and clean looking even though you'll never see it.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you gonna run dude? I'm still waiting to see how many people love that new kenwood before I take the dive.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Pioneer already.

Waiting for my Infinity Component Sets.

I got two profile AMPs I used in my monte. And for now I'll keep my L7 in the vented box I had in the monte till I have a stealthy box built.

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Boostaholic......

Where did you get that carpet for your box? I ordered some tan carpet from partsexpress to try to match my interior but won't be able to tell until it gets here.

Scott

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boostaholic......

Where did you get that carpet for your box? I ordered some tan carpet from partsexpress to try to match my interior but won't be able to tell until it gets here.

Scott

My buddy built and carpeted it for me, color is slightly off but I don't plan on having this enclosure for too long.

tann808

Reaction score
Hey Boostaholic,

Just keep in mind that when you remove your OEM headunit, you're gonna have to get some relays (just don't want you to be surprised with the extra cost involved)

(1) for the door chime, our Denali's door chime run off of our OEM amp to the door speakers. So if you want to keep your door chime, you need one. I think I got mines from PAC.

(2) your Onstar also works off the OEM amp to the door speakers, I think PAC has seperate relays or a all in one for like $100.

(3) Did you do the Big 3 yet? or run a second battery? I got some tips if you go that route, just hit me up.

BTW, I like the box, very clean! I'm guessing that it's not ported?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a ported box but it was too peaky with the stock head unit. I've done a few installs in these trucks so I'm well aware of the harnesses required but thanks for the heads up. I'm doing the big 3 along with a additional yellowtop with isolator when I put a good deck in but it doesn't dim much now. I've been waiting on my free 2nd battery but I may wire it all up just so the voltage doesn't drop quite as much when I crank it up. I bought 100' of directed black 1/0 and the amp is getting 2awg power and ground so it's fairly efficient. I'm buying the kenwood DNX8120 in a few weeks and I'll wire it up along with some focal components up front and probably upgrade the rest of the speakers so I can shell out that stock amp in the driver's cargo compartment. Still on the edge about what to run for subs once I get the head unit, I'm thinking either a single solo X 12 or 4 L7 10s :confused: This was just my cheap stereo to get me by, I had to dump a bunch of money into the jeep and once I sell my raptor I'll start buying nice stuff for the denali again.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn boost Love the setup we gotta get together and go for a cruise in D-town

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word, holler at me if you wanna kick or need parts, my work is just down the way off 70 and peoria.