New And I Got Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeDubdOut

Reaction score
Total NewB! I never owned a GM myself, my dad and mom both have one and I had a ford b4 this. I just bought it 2 days ago. Great deal, my dad totally jigged the dealer for the price. its an 05 Tahoe LS, perfect interior. nobody has ever sat in the back seats and only has 8500k on it. V8 5.3 the whole shabang. Got it for 18k. haha! Great buy. Color is gold, which im not to fond of but ill get use to it. anyway, i noticed when i was driving and i rolled down all the windows, all the lights in the car dimmed(headlights, interior lights, console, everything). Not to bad but deffinately noticable. Didnt know if it was normal cuz my ford never had a problem and that was running all kinds of mods including TV's Subs and 4 amps. Its completely stock and wanted to know if i should take it in. My other questoin is I have a few mods I want to do with this. I would like to get a wire mesh grill and smoked out LED tail lights. I already have some 22s for it, just havnt had the time to put em on. And i also want to put either HID or Xenon lights on. Could someone let me know where i could look for this kinda stuff.. and what your takes are between HID and Xenon lights. Thanks for the input. Also if anyone thinks it would be worth it to paint it. I really dont like the gold, and im sorta feeling like a charcoal grey maybe. Thanks again.
Ryan

Last edited:

CHEVYMANE

Reaction score
Ebay is definitely the way to go as far as accesories. I spent a portion of the money my dude did to put his together. Yeah his hit the street first but at a large expense rather than wait a week for the toys to come from Cali (live on east coast). I'm running HID's now from ebay. Spent about $250. Gonna upgrade the rear tails to LED's this month. Spent $43 on the Altezza that he spent $150. Literally got all the front lights done in clear for $7 less than he spent on just the bumper lights. Yours probably has projection headlights so the HID's will look good. Just noticed your in Cali. Ebay it up cuz pretty much everything i've bought came from there. Same product, just less cost. Check your local accessory shop then check Ebay for the same thing.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an FYI, HIDS and Xenons are the same thing . Sounds like ya got a great deal though.

For HIDS I reccommend HigherLevelAuto. He is a member on here, his name is mikemjohnson.

Or retro-solutions.com I have their kit on my mustang,corvette highs and fogs, and my Yukon lows,highs, and fogs awsomekit