New Corvette engine for 2009.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no the engine in the yukon is awsome, but the denali does circles around it, for 5k i would super charge the denali and make my yukon my DD again, if i was gunna swap engines i would put a 572 CHEVROLET with 720HP. in the yukon :cool2:

Do they make 572CID now!!! I thought 550CID would be the max... and with some nasty TQ in the high 700s :yesnod:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that kind of motor, its obvious they will have to update the tranny and other components for the mass power and TQ

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Call me weird, but I must be the only one on the planet that likes they Tahoe pretty much stock, 320 HP seems fine to me.
I think the more biling bling makes you're vehicle a theft target where if you just blend in to all the other Tahoe's you might not be a target, it seems Tahoe's are a big theft target in California.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me weird, but I must be the only one on the planet that likes they Tahoe pretty much stock, 320 HP seems fine to me.
I think the more biling bling makes you're vehicle a theft target where if you just blend in to all the other Tahoe's you might not be a target, it seems Tahoe's are a big theft target in California.

I thought the Escalades are the #1 Target :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont want to bling bling it I WANT TO VROOM VROOM IT. no the 300 horses in my yukon is more than enough for what i do, but im a power freak, and its not like i really going to do much other than the super charger on the denali. 650 hp here i come :lol:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you have a Denali with 650HP most likely your 0-60mph will improve around 4sec mark but your mileage will be 5mpg :D

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalades had issues with the alarm theft systerm in 2006 but they corrected the issue so the vehicle can't be stolen (as they say). The previous models had some kind of a code where the thefts had some control of defusing the alarm system.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Escalades had issues with the alarm theft systerm in 2006 but they corrected the issue so the vehicle can't be stolen (as they say). The previous models had some kind of a code where the thefts had some control of defusing the alarm system.

If they want it bad enough, it can be stolen as all thay have to do is shoot you and then you can'tcall Onstar if you are dead and the criminal get away, the reasion I would not want to drive too much bling as mall parking lots are where most of the theft happens.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they want it bad enough, it can be stolen as all thay have to do is shoot you and then you can'tcall Onstar if you are dead and the criminal get away, the reasion I would not want to drive too much bling as mall parking lots are where most of the theft happens.

all locks do is keep the honest people honest. if a theif wants somthing, he is going to try EVERYTHING to get it.

malls and parking garages are the top spot here. and meter parking is also bad, the safest place is your own garage, but even then your not 100% safe, because if a thief is smart enough he is going to know a tick to get in some how, even if its climbing through a garage window and hot wireing and bustin through.

you seem to be talking about hijacks though, but if you were in the mall shopping and come out and find it stolen, then you call and track them and hope to god you get it back before it gets on the plane to the mexico chop shop, but thats what insurance if for, if your lucky enough to have insurance that will replace your car, again the problem is they replace the depreciated value, so a 60k car 3 years later is only worth 30k your out 30k then, and if your makeing payments your really SOL.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's why most youngsters want these vehicles for the attention, but they are getting a different league of attention...hahahah. Im sure their parents are the primary ones and they are the co-occupant who are riding them and not paying. Ahh kids .. :D Ok im sorry back to the orignal subject :D

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man thats sexy!! Speaking of engine swaps, I've been lookin at replacing the one in my Hoe' with a LS7, or LS2, the LS7s are hard to find! Fortunately this new engine can't beat my uncles 07 Z06 (1st supercharged it, swapped it for twin turbo, wet Nos kit, bored out, chipped, air intake etc.!) :Chevy: