New Denali Owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to stop in and say what's up I'm new to the boards I just got a 99 Denali about a month ago and I am loving it so far. I have a few questions for you guys and hopefully you could point me in the right direction. What kind of exhaust are you guys running? . I am also looking for the "Blacked Out" look. I want to get some nice black wheels but I've searched and come up with nothing but stuff I don't like. Anyways here are some pics for you guys, lemme know what you think of my new truck!

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Last edited:

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What look are you going for lifted, lowered or just gona leave at stock height?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new stereo, those rain guard things that go over the side windows... idk..... 572 BB..lol

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new stereo, those rain guard things that go over the side windows... idk..... 572 BB..lol

I'm already ahead of you my friend. I just installed an Alpine IDA-X100 and 2 12's in a ported box powered by a Kicker mono block. And since I work at a GM dealership I got a great deal on accessories so the rain guards are just waiting in the truck to be put on. The Chicago weather is not friendly right now. Oh and I am going to keep the stock ride height. I just want to go w/ the blacked out look...

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rims, another layer of tint over whats on it. tinted windshield, smoked tails, black rims (with or w/o chrome lip, either looks good), HIDs.. i did blacked out on my old car..lol

and i agree with the 572 BB :D

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rims, another layer of tint over whats on it. tinted windshield, smoked tails, black rims (with or w/o chrome lip, either looks good), HIDs.. i did blacked out on my old car..lol

and i agree with the 572 BB :D

Well I have already been pulled over 4 times since I got the truck for the window tint in the front so I think I'll leave it as is. And I can't do the windshield b/c I get off work everyday at 10PM... Any rim reccomendations?

Oh and as for the 572 BBC, I'm 19 and broke as is so I can always dream haha

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have already been pulled over 4 times since I got the truck for the window tint in the front so I think I'll leave it as is. And I can't do the windshield b/c I get off work everyday at 10PM... Any rim reccomendations?

Oh and as for the 572 BBC, I'm 19 and broke as is so I can always dream haha

well I'm 18, so im with you there. i've learned to dream... reasonable. I'm aiming for 572, and understanding i'll end up with 383. as for rims, tbh, check craigslist. I've never been willing to spend thousands on rims and tires when they'll just be used in a day anyway..
or, what i would do, is get some 07+ denali rims, and have em powder coated black.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas guys, maybe some links? Thanks and I have been searching craigslist but havent found anything worth it.

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED Tailights by IPCW, I think lose the Grille Guard and change up the grille. Clear Bra the front end( keep those dents and scratches away, amazing!) HIDs and fog lights with that truck look great! throw on some nice rims and call it a day! Interior for those are already spectacular. Maybe aftermarket headunit if not done? (Pioneer or Alpine)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course as I say I can't find anything on craigslist I came across these:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/987348790.html

What you think?

Those are not denali wheels. They came stock on my regular yukon.. Dont let the guy charge ya for the specail wheels when their for a regular yukon.

My yukon wheels. Plus their not 5000 new. My yukon wheels were 1900 and denali wheels are 2900. New

yukon-1.jpg

denali wheels.

Attachments

• 2479155628_49b9ab70bc.jpg
    2479155628_49b9ab70bc.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 4

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED Tailights by IPCW, I think lose the Grille Guard and change up the grille. Clear Bra the front end( keep those dents and scratches away, amazing!) HIDs and fog lights with that truck look great! throw on some nice rims and call it a day! Interior for those are already spectacular. Maybe aftermarket headunit if not done? (Pioneer or Alpine)

Ok where can I buy the HIDs from? And would I need a new housing? Sorry but the grill guard is staying, it's my favorite part of the truck and I think it rly sets it off. I just put in an Alpine IDA-X100 too

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok where can I buy the HIDs from? And would I need a new housing? Sorry but the grill guard is staying, it's my favorite part of the truck and I think it rly sets it off. I just put in an Alpine IDA-X100 too
'

Keep the grill guard it looks cool. But HIDS for your fogs would be perfect as the housing is projector.

You can put HIDS in your stock housing. But aim them down a little. I dont think there are aftermarket housings for your style, but im not sure on that.

DDM tuning is the best place for HIDS IMO. 60 bucks, made in USA and an american company in SO cal. Plus very reliable and good customer service. Cant beat that with a stick. IMO

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'

Keep the grill guard it looks cool. But HIDS for your fogs would be perfect as the housing is projector.

You can put HIDS in your stock housing. But aim them down a little. I dont think there are aftermarket housings for your style, but im not sure on that.

DDM tuning is the best place for HIDS IMO. 60 bucks, made in USA and an american company in SO cal. Plus very reliable and good customer service. Cant beat that with a stick. IMO

Now that I think bout it, my fogs don't even work as is and when I bought it, the seller gave me a plug I need to solder, haven't looked at it since, all I know it's AC Delco. About my housings... I noticed some condensation in them... And I work fit GM so you think it's worth replacing the housings since I can get then cheap?? Thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I think bout it, my fogs don't even work as is and when I bought it, the seller gave me a plug I need to solder, haven't looked at it since, all I know it's AC Delco. About my housings... I noticed some condensation in them... And I work fit GM so you think it's worth replacing the housings since I can get then cheap?? Thanks

Definatly. Clean housings are brigher with less glare.