New Denali Owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDS can be bought almost anywhere. I bought mine from a Performance Shop on Woodward Ave. in Queens, NY. All parts containing the HID were highly reccomended and are 1 year old...no replacement of anything. Keep the guard, foglights underneath with HIDs as well. Housing them is easy, mine went behind the headlight and on my friends Denali he had them set behind the headlight and never moved from the dumb sh*t we did. Definitley CLEAR HOUSING! looks brand new! LED tailights are a must. IPCW has LED talilights that fit perfectly for stock tailights. Altezza has gaps and much condensation...stay away from Ebay...you probably already know!

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone got any pics of what my truck or a tahoe looks like with HIDs? And you guys got any exhaust reccomendations

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking into Flowmaster 17176 (mine is a CA car so it's single in/out setup).
Plus I'd like to keep the original Denali exhuast tip as well.

... one day.

Anyway, welcome! another Denali to come and play~

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your vehicle looks great! I like it pretty much the way it is, so if I were you I wouldn't modify it much. I might suggest the following modifications;

1. I agree with others that xenon headlamps would look good. But in contrast to what Rollin Thunder suggests, I would keep the fog lamps halogen. Xenon fog lamps are tacky. The contrast between the xenon headlamps and halogen fog lamps looks good, and xenon low beams would ruin that contrast. The only exception to this would be if you perhaps did 3000K fog lamps and 6000K headlamps, which would still provide the contrast, but still may not look as good as simply leaving the fog lamps halogen. If you did the reverse and installed xenon fog lamps and still had halogen headlamps that would really look out of place.

2. I might also suggest the high/low mod as well once you get the xenon headlamps in the low beams. Most vehicles that come with xenon headlamps from the factory, if not bi-xenon, keep the low and high beams on when the high beam is selected. Otherwise when your high beams are selected it will turn your xenons off. You could take it a step further and do the high/low/fog lamp mod so they are all on at the same time when you select your high beams. This is a simple and inexpensive modification as well.

3. I would recommend GMT 800 GMC Yukon Denali wheels on your vehicle. I have seen them on GMT 400 GMC Yukon Denalis and they look especially well. They are slightly larger and the shape is similar, but look better for whatever reason. They would still match your vehicle well. It would look slightly updated without looking flashy.

Other than these modifications, I see little room for improvement. You already have a great looking vehicle!

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the idea of having HIDs in both headlights and fog lights. Either way it looks good. Mine has HID heads and Halogen Fogs, our other truck has HID fogs and Halogen heads, and the other has both HID. You really cant go wrong.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, for exhaust, I'm looking at a Flowmaster 50 series for mine. tbh, go on youtube and listen to the sounds and find one you like best. Magnaflow, Flowmaster.. they're all good.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that matching lights look better than blue and yellow. IDK thats why we have opinions. It just that the projectors in the fogs are a perfect application for HIDS. IMO of course.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the input and compliments. I think I want to go with both fogs and headlights HID. As for the wheels you reccomended... Are those the ones on the second gen denalis?

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you do the HID's please post the results!! I'm curious how they shine on the Denali lamps... I've been contemplating this for a while, but overall, I'm just using my PIAA's when I need more light. I gotta admit, the stock lighting sucks... but the bulbs last forever.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the input and compliments. I think I want to go with both fogs and headlights HID. As for the wheels you reccomended... Are those the ones on the second gen denalis?

Yes, the wheels I was referring to are the ones on the second generation (GMT 800) GMC Yukon Denali.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright you guys, I am ready to order the HID's for the headlights and the fogs but which ones do I go with? I was looking on DDM but I a little lost. Any help? Thanks alot guys.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take out your fog light bulb, and snap a pic. I will be able to tell then. As Im not sure what it takes to be honest.

But 9006 is right for your low beams.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take out your fog light bulb, and snap a pic. I will be able to tell then. As Im not sure what it takes to be honest.

But 9006 is right for your low beams.

Alright I'll do that in a little bit. Anyways I was looking on youtube to see what sound I like for exhaust and found the Flowmaster Super 44 to be flat out awesome. However I don't know where to get the tail pipes like this guy did. Check it out you will see what I'm talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8xWqpHVS60&feature=related

And I hope I don't sound like a total noob to you guys about this stuff, I am actually quite knowledgable about cars in general but I just spent the last 3 years building up an IROC so all I know is third gen camaro right now. Haha thanks.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I went outside but I couldn't get a real good pic of the fog light from behind because theres slush on the ground and its -10 with the windchill. Haha so I wrote down the stuff that was on the back of the fog light.

Sylvania
894 12V3715W
DOT 0205 TWN

Here are the fogs themselves. They look pretty nasty IMO, Do they need replaced?

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
894 is the bulb you need for an HID kit. But IMO, you need new housings. Their should never be moisture on the inside of the lens. Thier toast.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait... I need to buy that kit, and not the one from DDM??

I dont see 894 from DDM. But An 880 kit may work. I think they are the same base. I think the number only matters on halagon because of the wattage. But all HID kits are 35 or 55W (some 50W) so I would guess that 800 series would work. Again on not 100% so I would try an 880 kit and if it does not fit, send it back. JMO.