New Denali Owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about that youtube exhaust, thats the 2nd generation tahoe. I don't think they make that exact setup for ours. If you want to have pipes coming out on either side of the vehicle the spare tire has to be removed.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Couldn't I unbolt that spare, find a cover for it and throw it in the back like some tahoes out there?

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, that vid is a GMT400, so its the same truck. I've seen plenty of GMT400s with duals and super 44's. its a common setup down here in florida.

You wouldn't happen to have a link for that catback would you? Or would I have to buy the Super 44 and big tips, take it to an exhaust shop and have them fab up the rest?

Great price. They are about 85-90 a piece on the web. Easy to change out also.

Alright then I will order them tomorrow. And as for my headlight housings... I thought they had condensation in them, but actually just the turn signal housing has the condensation and those are $35 per side. And since I have a grill guard, I will likely need to remove it to install the HID kit. Right?

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for that specific setup you would have to probably go to an exhaust shop. however, here's a link to the 50 series I'm gonna get. http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3741
the setup you want wouldn't bolt up directly. since there's not factory dual exhaust, all the hangers on the left side exhaust have to be welded up.

That seems kind of steep, doesn't it? I mean it's probably an $80 muffler... so does that mean the madrel bent pipe is worth $330?? I really would like to have dual out the sides but I don't want to spend an a$$ load on that because I have lots of other ideas for the truck. Would I notice that big of a difference with that catback versus me just buying a flowmaster muffler and slapping it on my stock pipes?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have a link for that catback would you? Or would I have to buy the Super 44 and big tips, take it to an exhaust shop and have them fab up the rest?

Alright then I will order them tomorrow. And as for my headlight housings... I thought they had condensation in them, but actually just the turn signal housing has the condensation and those are $35 per side. And since I have a grill guard, I will likely need to remove it to install the HID kit. Right?

You can keep the grill guard with an HID kit. Infact it looks cooler. everything to do with the HIDs goes behind the headlight housing.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems kind of steep, doesn't it? I mean it's probably an $80 muffler... so does that mean the madrel bent pipe is worth $330?? I really would like to have dual out the sides but I don't want to spend an a$$ load on that because I have lots of other ideas for the truck. Would I notice that big of a difference with that catback versus me just buying a flowmaster muffler and slapping it on my stock pipes?

oh, trust me, my plan wasnt to buy from flowmaster directly. if you piece it all together and have a shop do it, it will be cheaper.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can keep the grill guard with an HID kit. Infact it looks cooler. everything to do with the HIDs goes behind the headlight housing.

So you don't think I would have to take the grill guard off to do the install(I intend on putting the grill guard back on, but to DO the install itself, if that's what you were thinking)?

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, trust me, my plan wasnt to buy from flowmaster directly. if you piece it all together and have a shop do it, it will be cheaper.

I am going to search online for a better price because if I can have all the pieces I can put it on the hoist at work and have it done in 20 min.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you don't think I would have to take the grill guard off to do the install(I intend on putting the grill guard back on, but to DO the install itself, if that's what you were thinking)?

As long as you can open the hood. I dont see why you would need to. Enless your changing the headlight housings (not the fog ones, those are seperate) then yes you will most likly need to. But to just put an HID kit in and change your fog light housings, Naw. Have plenty of room.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you can open the hood. I dont see why you would need to. Enless your changing the headlight housings (not the fog ones, those are seperate) then yes you will most likly need to. But to just put an HID kit in and change your fog light housings, Naw. Have plenty of room.

Ok that helps alot, thanks. Now that I basically have the HID situation figured out... I really want to do my exhaust like that guy in the video. I just think the Dual out the sides looks awesome. Here's the dilemma: If I need to replace my cats(See Catalytic Converter Situation thread), would I be able to run OFF the flange from the cats into a Super 44, then dual out the muffler to each side like that guy did? Thanks

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided I am going to do the fogs later. So I am ready to order the HIDs and I know I need the 9006, right? But what do I go with 8000k? 9000? Thanks

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rollin Thuder that you should go with 4300K or 6000K light temperature. 8000K and 9000K will appear too blue/purple and will diminish light output as well. Unless you prefer that appearance, the lower values will provide greater functionality.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok it asks me if I want to upgrade to 55w so I put yes, then in the checkout it calls it a 35w and 55w. Confused...