New front "higher" end??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinniechains

Reaction score
I see a bunch of 07 and on tahoe's that have the higher, silver front ends that I like. I have an 07 Tahoe and love everything about it except how low the front is. I can't even pull into a parking spot without it dragging on the curb. And, more importantly, I hunt and fish and drive it through fields, woods, etc...

What model has that higher silver front? Z71? Or, can I replace(and how much) the front bumber and/or end?

Thanks for your help!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Z71 is what you are referring to. I looked into replacing my front bumper with the Z71. Unfortunately you have to replace a bunch of other parts beneath, in the end it will cost you close to $2k to swap. A simple solution to your problem, however is to just pull of the front valence (just a couple nuts underneath). I tore mine off this past summer by accident, don't miss it a bit.

vinniechains

Reaction score
i took off the front valence also. However, you're left with the horrible jagged trim at the bottom. And, it does not leave you that much more room. i'm going to look into the Z71 front end.

ofd4546

Reaction score
I too like the look of the Z71 but haven't found one here in Ontario Canada. Were they a limited trim as I can't even build one from GM's site!

vinniechains

Reaction score
i would love to replace with the z71 front end if anyone can suggest on how about doing that. Just go to my dealer, autobody, etc...???

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my dealer's body shop and the estimate came out to about $2000. Not worth it IMO.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the front end your referring to? This is only available on the Z71.

Attachments

• Jims Pictures 067.jpg
    Jims Pictures 067.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Jims Pictures 079.jpg
    Jims Pictures 079.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 6