New guy needs help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueAc

Reaction score
Hey guys... I'm new to the forum and I'm in the market for a 07-08 Yukon Denali. I had been looking online for the last few weeks and yesterday I decided to go to a dealer. I found an 07 Yukon Denali Black on Black with 29K miles, the dealer is asking 34,900 for it. With the way the economy is right now, what do you guys think realistically I can get them down to? And also are they any recalls or problems I should be aware of? Right now I currently own a 07 Acura TL but I want a larger vehicle, the Denali has all luxuries of my Acura in a bigger body. To me it seems like the win win, I just want to make sure I'm not getting gagged. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, you gotta get em down down down. go ridiculous low with your opening offer. They have to be struggling cause sales are really off with this econmic mess.

hows 25K sound?
open with that.

BlueAc

Reaction score
Ok... I go back to meet with them this week. I'm gonna throw out a lowball and see what it'll get me. Has anybody purchased one lately to give me an idea of what they paid?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can get them or someone else down to atleast $30,000

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an 08 LTZ in May for 40 grand out the door. There's no reason you shouldn't get that truck for less than 30 grand given the deprciating value of used SUV's right now.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my area with the gas prices down the dealers aren't budging. If you don't buy it for the price there asking then someone else will. This isn't the day of $4.00 gasoline anymore, gas is under $1.50 in Jersey. Good luck.

BlueAc

Reaction score
I think you can get them or someone else down to atleast $30,000

That was a number I had in my head... I figure I come in lower and maybe end up there!!!

In my area with the gas prices down the dealers aren't budging. If you don't buy it for the price there asking then someone else will. This isn't the day of $4.00 gasoline anymore, gas is under $1.50 in Jersey. Good luck.

True... But the economy still sucks! People aren't really spending money and US automakers are hurting. Its worth a shot!:)

bocaytomas

Reaction score
Just do what i do, just keep going down until they say no, when they do just leave and wait 2-3 days i guarantee you a call back besides 96Fleetwood is right, you can get an Escalade for that price, think it through slowly. The market has shifted from a sellers market, the dealers, to the Buyers market, US.

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was shocked to see prices when I went to sell my Father's Escalade:

I sold my Father's 2007 Escalade ESV with every option (stickered for $72K new), including a custom dual exhaust and custom stereo for $36K on eBay.. this was 3 months ago.

IMG_9897.jpg

ncwchockey14

Reaction score
over the summer, my family was faced with the decision: whether or not to buy out our toyota land cruiser (2005) with 50,000 miles on it from the bank for $34,000. given the state of the economy, we were wondering what we could buy a brand new, comparable SUV for? we spoke with a chevy dealer in southern mass (Quirk chevrolet) that was offering $15,000 off MSRP for brand new 2008 chevy tahoes. we ended up buying a brand new tahoe LT2 for the same price as it would've cost to buy the out the LC from the bank, and they threw in the 20 inch wheels for free.

hope that helps.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just bought one

last monday boss bought a 07 denali 26K on it for like $25 or 26 grand. he also bought a brand new 08 denali saturday for his wife 0 miles for $39 grand

hope that helps bud

BlueAc

Reaction score
last monday boss bought a 07 denali 26K on it for like $25 or 26 grand. he also bought a brand new 08 denali saturday for his wife 0 miles for $39 grand

hope that helps bud

Wow!!!! :eek: That's a great price! I go back at the end of the week, we'll see if I'm good enough to get it that low!

BlueAc

Reaction score
Bad news... I went in to the dealership today and they shot down my 30K out the door price. So now I'm just gonna sit back and see if they call me back. But on the other hand the truck had some flaws, one being the hood sitting higher than the fender on the driver side. Another was a squeaky belt under the hood even after they claimed the did the GM certification check up on it. I may just look around for something in better condition.

Do you guys think my 30K out the door price is unreasonable???

BlueAc

Reaction score
I was shocked to see prices when I went to sell my Father's Escalade:

I sold my Father's 2007 Escalade ESV with every option (stickered for $72K new), including a custom dual exhaust and custom stereo for $36K on eBay.. this was 3 months ago.

IMG_9897.jpg

Any pics of the custom system?

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I deleted the pics I had and the remaining pics are on his computer.

It was two JL Audio 12 inch subs in a fiberglass encloser that was molded to the left rear 1/4 panel. Almost looked factory. The amp was under the right side second row captains chair.

ncwchockey14

Reaction score
this may be your local dealership, but if you can find a GM dealership that deals with a very large quantity of vehicles somewhere near where you live (even 1 or 2 hours from your house), then they might be more inclined to offer you some awesome rebates at this time. for example, my father is in the market for a new vehicle. he and i went to a jeep dealership that was being closed down due to our current economic crisis, and they were offering their jeeps "for any reasonable offer". he was looking to snag a four door jeep wrangler sahara for $25,000. hopefully the dealership takes the bate. anyway, what i'm saying is, take a look around, the awesome deals are out there.....

BlueAc

Reaction score
this may be your local dealership, but if you can find a GM dealership that deals with a very large quantity of vehicles somewhere near where you live (even 1 or 2 hours from your house), then they might be more inclined to offer you some awesome rebates at this time. for example, my father is in the market for a new vehicle. he and i went to a jeep dealership that was being closed down due to our current economic crisis, and they were offering their jeeps "for any reasonable offer". he was looking to snag a four door jeep wrangler sahara for $25,000. hopefully the dealership takes the bate. anyway, what i'm saying is, take a look around, the awesome deals are out there.....

I took your advice and look outside of the 25 mile radius I was working within :cool:! What I found was a Black on Black 08 Yukon Denali w/ 12K miles going for 34K, now I'm willing to take the 65 milke trip to work numbers on the truck. But here's my main concern, the truck isn't GM Certified and its on a Kia Lot. I'm use to buying all my vehicles from the original dealer and getting the all certified. Does it really make a difference, won't I still get the balance of the factory warranty regardless? What am I really losing by not getting a certified truck? Will it be worth saving 1 or 2K in the long run?