new iPod interface

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went to best buy yrstersay andbgot the new iPod interface from isimple. It. Connects by two plugins on the back of the radio and it has a brain that you can tuck in behind the radio. I have it on the factory nav system. I works with all the ipod's and iPhones it even charges the iphone. Now you can control your iPod with the touch screen and with the steering wheel controls. It took me about 30 minutes to install it. Just one cable in the glove box. It cost me 150 for the kit. It also has and aux input for another input. Any one that uses and ipod or iPhone this is a must have. You can even use the iPhone through your sound system with the speaker on. Just like hands free.

gregbj33

Reaction score
hey,
sounds good, do you know if it will work on the regular stereo, not touch screen? Let us know.

Greg

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah sounds good, I was just about to post asking which Ipod interface was the absolute best for using the touch screen and wheel controls. I want to hide the Ipod and all wiring away and have it with it's own display on the screen, with folders and titles and all that. Is this the one? And is it compatible with the GMX Lockpick? What others are like this? Is it true that the Coastaletech Ipod Lockpick doesn't really have these features? Have I asked enough questions??? Thanks fellas.

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it work just like your xm radio. You can see and scroll through your artist songs and play list. Just like u would on your iPod. I would think that this will eliminate the need for the lock pick. Its is a hide away system so it will fits easlg in your glove box. I ran my cable out to the console bc I use it for my iPhone. It works will all iPods even the new touch iPod. Its 150$ at best buy. The company is isimple. U can see it at best buys web site. I works I. All tahoes 2005 and up the only thing u need is the xm or sat button on the radio. It work with the nav system or the standard system. U can also get hd radio with this system.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, wonder if this will work with the RCA interface I installed the other day from JP Customs.

Gambler - any thoughts?

A J

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, wonder if this will work with the RCA interface I installed the other day from JP Customs.

Gambler - any thoughts?

A J

I'd have to see a picture of the actual harness to tell you if it could work. Anybody got one?

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doubt it. On the back of the radio deck you plug the new harness into the blue and purple plug in. I believe that one is for the xm and other is for the video to display on the screen or the text to appear. The kit comes with both harness for nav and non nav. But u must have the sat or xm button.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I wanted to install this, is it at all possible for the cable that connects to the ipod to instead stick out of the center console instead of the glove box? My glove box is full of things and I can't be digging in there all the time for the ipod.

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can run the cable anywhere, its long enough to reach the back seat. i ran mine to the center just cause i use the iphone. it causes no interference with the xm. you can buy an additional adapter to get hd radio which is a free service. All you do is select xm radio and the turn the left knob which is the channel selector know and it comes up to ipod or u can select aux. its so easy and once there you can either use the touch screen to scroll or you can use the steering wheel controls. Its sp easy your kids can use this. there is no static and now engine wine noise throught the speakers. it sounds so clear. and also it makes the radio volume louder because you can turn up the volume on the ipod or iphone which makes it 10 times louder and the eq on the apple products works in real life through the speakers. if using the iphone when you get a call the music dims and you can talk on speaker phone while the voice comes through the speakers. its an easy hands free, better than bluetooth in my opinion.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear more about it as it compares to other brands with the same features, but it sounds like a good deal. Might have to snatch it up.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this sounds great.. although XM has been getting me by, at times i wish i had MY playlists!
i think i'm gonna have to pick this up and install it.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to be sure of one thing. I have the factory nav with the BOSE system. I shouldn't expect any significant drop off in sound or quality? Will it sound just about the same as the aux cable that I use right now?

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it sounds better, i was just running the head phone cable to the aux input on the nav deck and this kills it. it sounds so clear, i was so shocked. dont be worried about the sound. plus for a few extra buck you can get the hd radio box which upconverts all your am and fm signals to cd quality, cant beat that. i am never big on praising products but this is the ****. i had the harmon kardon kit that was 300$ in my h2 and it sounded like ****, this isimple kit is the real deal.