new iPod interface

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSherr23

Reaction score
I have run into a problem with this thing

I installed everything and it works, but with the module plugged into harness my A/C cuts in and out rapidly. When I unplug it the A/C works just fine. Any suggestions

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed everything and it works, but with the module plugged into harness my A/C cuts in and out rapidly. When I unplug it the A/C works just fine. Any suggestions

got mine today... same thing.. my dash goes dead as soon i hook this thing up... the a/c also turns off... not sure what i could had done wrong.. its preaty much plug and play... i might just return this thing before i mess something on the truck!!!

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe your using the wrong harness or plugged it into the wrong spot. i dont see how it would interfer with your ac, you plug it into the back of the radio and then hook the original harness back into it. mine works great. it was the first on the right and the 2nd from the left on the back of the radio. i think it was the purple and blue plug ins

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe your using the wrong harness or plugged it into the wrong spot. i dont see how it would interfer with your ac, you plug it into the back of the radio and then hook the original harness back into it. mine works great. it was the first on the right and the 2nd from the left on the back of the radio. i think it was the purple and blue plug ins

yea.. it was very strait foward... plug and play.. but some how.. this thing was not working right... the AC would turn off.. and the dash would just go death.... I did double check everything...

I will call 1800 number tomorrow just to see if they know anything.. if not i will just return it...

StL07Tahoe

Reaction score
yea.. it was very strait foward... plug and play.. but some how.. this thing was not working right... the AC would turn off.. and the dash would just go death.... I did double check everything...

I will call 1800 number tomorrow just to see if they know anything.. if not i will just return it...

Any update on your situation...I just picked one up at Best Buy and want to make sure its not going to ruin something when I install it.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on your situation...I just picked one up at Best Buy and want to make sure its not going to ruin something when I install it.

not from me.. i just return the thing back to Best Buy...

08 Denali

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing the ipod lockpick from Coastaltech, as well as the gen 4 gm lockpick. Both work GREAT!!!, as I posted in the DVD bypass threads. Install on both lockpicks took about 25 minutes. Sound is clear & it cleans up my dash by not having the ipod transmitter plugged into the 12volt outlet. I recommend it.
p.s. No tools needed for the ipod install, just plugs into the xm unit behind the glove box. The gm lockpick required a blade screwdriver and a 7mm ratchet.

MSherr23

Reaction score
I finally got mine to work properly, but it takes a long time each time i turn on my car to find where it was at or just get the menu to come up...I am taking it back today. I will probably go with coastal etech. What does the gen 4 lockpick do with the gmx 340 or whatever it.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got mine to work properly, but it takes a long time each time i turn on my car to find where it was at or just get the menu to come up...I am taking it back today. I will probably go with coastal etech. What does the gen 4 lockpick do with the gmx 340 or whatever it.

That sucks, I was looking forward to it but forget it now. Anyway, the Gen4 is basic in that it unlocks DVD, Nav input, and XM folders (which you can do in the menu already on mine, on later models I think). It's about $249. The GMX320 does all that too but allows the versatility of adding extra things like multiple cameras, phone integration, extra aux signal inputs, etc. It goes for $100 more than the Gen4.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does this thing work or not??? And IF it does, would it still work if your XM subscription expired (should, right)?

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does. i just made a 7 hour trip to the outer banks and loved it. no sure why so many people are having issues with it, i have had none.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the lockpick ipod interface, works great on my Denali !!!

I put in the ipod lockpick last night. I'm having trouble with clipping and crackling on high frequencies... my ipod doesn't do this when connected via the aux jack input. Are any of you guys having this issue?

It also doesn't work with my steering wheel track/channel change buttons and the search knob doesn't react very well to input. Tracks are slow to change, too.

Overall, this thing looks like it is headed for the return bin. I'm not sure if I need to try an exchange first, though.

A J

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything about the iSimple, but I removed and returned the ipod lockpick. Thing was junk. In fairness I dont know if the issues I had with it were because of the RCA output interface harness I had already installed. Maybe they didn't like each other.

I decided to just use the aux jack and I put some automotive velcro on the back of my ipod nano and on the fake wood so i can mount and dismount the ipod easily from the dash. Really it has turned out to be a much better solution for me than trying to go with a factory integration scheme.

A J

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i talked to a source that i have and i know why so many of you all are having issues with the install and with the ac. on the brain of the unit there are 4 or 5 switches. you need to make sure that they are flipped to the right option for the radio options that you have. if there set wrong that is why your ac is turning off. there is a number you call and they will tell you whet aettings to flip on or off. i have the nav option and all mine are set to off and i have hap not one issue. the sound is better than a cd and all my buttons and steering wheel controls work 100% . hope this helps

\

LongRifle45

Reaction score
I just installed my iSimple, and it seems to work OK once you figure out how to navigate the menus. It says it turns the iPod on and off, but I noticed when I turn off the vehicle and open my door, the stereo turns off, but my iPod continues to show it is charging and doesn't shut off. I am concerned about the additional battery drain on my Tahoe. Does anyone have any experience with this? I was hoping to just leave the iPod in the glove box or console with this unit.

workingtahoe

Reaction score
iSimple installation

Hello everyone, I am workingtahoe because my new 2008 Tahoe 3LT has to work for a living, just like the 2002 and the 1999 before it.

I purchased an iSimple kit at Best Buy last week. I had a 10% off coupon and that made it only $134.99 plus tax. I had done all my research on the internet and it was a good thing, since the salesman knew only what he read off the box!

He said they could install it for $75, which told me it couldn't be very difficult!

I researched removing the radio bezel on the internet and quite frankly, that was the most difficult part!

I did the installation this past Saturday and it wasn't very difficult at all. It sounds very good and navigating the menu on the factory radio beats the heck out of trying to use the scrollpad on my Nano!

I have the XM Radio, not the navigation radio.

I would rate this product as well worth the price paid!

Next project is HID headlights! I had the Sylvania HID kit in my 2002 Tahoe and I sure miss them!

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, workingtahoe.

I'm currently torn between the iSimple product and coastaltech. I like iSimple because of it ability to support HD radio but coastaltech wins for the multiple cameras, DVD unlock, etc.

I wonder if you could use the iSimple in conjunction with the GMX-320 (or whatever the product number is now). This would give me the iSimple iPod interface and the 320 features combined.