New issue popped up today with a/c

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
Until today, a/c ran nice and cold. All of a sudden, front a/c stopped blowing any cool air. But the kicker is that the rear a/c still blows very cold air. any thoughts on the source of the issue? I'm hoping it's a simple fix. Keeping my fingers crossed.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
Also. Check engine light came on today, but haven't had a chance to get it read yet.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What coincident my 98 tahoe (like urs) had the A/C one day workin nice and cold but then only rear was blowing cold and not the front so until today i havent fixed it but turns out my A/C Compressor not longer works May be the sam issue for u about the SES Light mine popped up too turns out it the O2 Oxygen Sensor Anyways Goodluck fixing your HOE.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
Update: A/C started working again today, without me doing any work on it. Had the SES light looked at and it was code P0440: Evaporation Emission Control Malfunction. Not sure if there is a connection, but I can't see one since the code deals with fuel evap. I'll keep an eye on it. I haven't had the a/c recharged in awhile so I am going to do that and then just wait and see.

gerk

Reaction score
So my rear air cond is only blowing hot air while the front is normal - dealer says rear actuator is the culprit... any ideas?

Bigthangs65

Reaction score
Replace all of your actuators, it's a bitch but GM has always had this problem. Some are hard to reach, some are easy. But if you want reliable A/C service, replace them all. Check freon charge level, make sure the evaporator at the front is clean and bug free.