New Member from NC with lots of questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenstang

Reaction score
Hello All! Glad to be part of the forum. While I am not currently a Tahoe owner, I am soon to be in the future. I wanted to go through the forums and learn as much about this vehicle as I possibly could. If anyone is available to help point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I'm interested in the GMT800 model Tahoes, probably leaning more towards the 2002 models as budget comes in to mind. But I have drove these in the past and recently and based on my family needs have decided that there is not a better choice.

From what I've read these vehicles seem pretty solid. Is there anything anyone could point out that I should look out for? Any common problems these models have that are expensive?

KLFER

Reaction score
F/end stuff idler and pitman arms, inner tie rods, front axles seals and water pumps. that is the stuff i repair most of the time all of it is easy and cheap to replace. 2003-2006 have gauge cluster issues which is a spendy fix if you have to front the bill. steer column popping noise when turning. i think thats about it really

FishinCricket

Reaction score
F/end stuff idler and pitman arms, inner tie rods, front axles seals and water pumps. that is the stuff i repair most of the time all of it is easy and cheap to replace. 2003-2006 have gauge cluster issues which is a spendy fix if you have to front the bill. steer column popping noise when turning. i think thats about it really

Lol, yup, summed it up nicely..