Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRC&Sons

Reaction score
Hello All!

Just Purchased a 07 LTZ in Summit White from a local Chevy dealer. Great experience and a real decent out the door price. Traded my 04 Acura TL, a great car that is fun to drive, just not a car for an active family. We take delivery on Monday the 19th, and I cannot wait! The LTZ has just about every option I could think of, but if you have suggestions for modifications or add on’s please share. I am also looking for suggestions on the break in period, any thoughts?

Happy Motoring!

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you! I think the recommended "break in" is 500 miles, not over 55mph, vary your speed, no full throtle.

jscgolf

Reaction score
Congrats !!! I just picked up the exact same '07 Summit White LTZ last Thursday. I added:

1) Hitch cover (oem - have the dealer install it. I read about some people having problems with their own installation so I had the dealer do it - LOOKS GREAT). There are some other hitch covers that simply go into the hitch - so look around, if that sounds like something you might want.

2) Exhaust tip w/ bowtie. OEM again ... there are pics on the board. This is adds a REAL NICE touch (IMO) !!! VERY EAST TO INSTALL.

3) Splash Guards (rear only for now) These are not OEM because I didn't want any logoes, just plain. I did order them thru a "truck shop" and they were specific for an '07 Tahoe. With those 20" wheels ... I just didn't want to leave the rear panel unprotected. Dealer installed.

4) Tinted the driver and passenger windows. I didn't go to the 5% like others on the board have - just something to "match" the rest of the glass. May add the brow ... sometime.

You're gonna love it !!!!!!http://www.tahoeforum.com/images/smilies/clapping.gif
:clapping:

JRC&Sons

Reaction score
I'll Post pic’s Monday. Tent is coming; I will go for the match...Like the idea of bow tie exhaust tips! Great call! Splash grades with the 20’s, again great call:thumbsup: ! Had not thought about the hitch cover, but I bet it’s a nice clean look…Thanks for the thoughts, keep them coming!

flwildcat

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I'm a new 'hoe owner in just the last 2 weeks myself - black on black LTZ. Nothing but love so far.

Congrats!

TallyDAWG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard... (granted, I don't post here often)