Newb tahoe owner here looking for more hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

King0fAz

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with the cheapest way i can add more hp too my 07 tahoe ltz...thanks

Jens99tahoe

Reaction score
Well your intake system is where you can start. (and it's where I started) "K&N" manufactures reasonably priced air intake system replacements and filters. The K&n air intake system replacement for your year tahoe runs about 290.00 and the filter runs about 60.00 give or take. It's relatively easy to install and is well worth it. You add about 20 extra horses (give or take) and torque.. just off of that! You will feel it too. Also the K&n air filters can be cleaned off and re used therefore lasting a LIFETIME! No more buying replacement air filters. This is where I started with my 99 Tahoe and I was and still am satisfied. Later, you could replace the exhaust system to high preformence.

Also I'm not sure when u had ur last tune up, and but replacing spark plugs and wires, and cleaning injectors can make a world of a difference. So the tune up is definitely important and a great place to start as well.

Hope I was helpful

kntrydr

Reaction score
The best and cheapest upgrades you can do are k&n kit and a good set of plugs something like e3's after that you could get a nice Exhaust system and Programer and if your money tree has sprouted Edelbrock make a great supercharger system I have done the first three and I have noticed a difference in power but the Temptation to use it kind of blows your gas mileage out the window good luck

swjones

Reaction score
Programmers

Along those same lines, What kinds of programmers work with the Tahoe the best. There are so many to choose from and price is not always a good filter.

kntrydr

Reaction score
Most of the programers pretty much do the samething I have used a hypertech on my tahoes in the past and never had any problems they give you a lot of options such as Recalibrating your speedo for bigger tires and different programs for the type of driving your going to do towing/save on gas or performance I have looked into the Diabolo tuner because you can leave it hooked up and it can give you really time feed back about your truck I would say just stick with a Reputable company one that has available downloads for when they bring out better programs